Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today is my last day for contacts.

H20 Toie
    when is it being done? This afternoon?
    yep at 3:30

cxr133
    lets just hope that the doc didnt go to a HB function last night..
    and is totally hung over today...

Totally IncapASSitated
    That is the same thing i am doing and it is $4600 and i am not going to go to low budget when it comes to this.
    There are a lot of places to get it cheaper and they might be just fine but i would not take the chance
    Right on...good luck and keep us posted on how it goes!!

Totally IncapASSitated
    Alan, I live in Vegas and used Dr. Jon Siems. He did my bro's, mom's and neighbor's all after mine. He just opened offices in Newport Beach and the Beverly Hills one may be open already. He also does the surgeries for Dr. Utenheimer in Temecula. I did the same thing you're looking into, all laser and the "custom cornea" for under $5k. I didn't pay, so I don't remember for sure, but I had to pay the $900 extra for the "custom cornea" which he is now doing for free! Oh well, I'm not worried about it since I see better than perfect now.
    Just my .02, or .04. Thought I would share.
    Shelby
    Thanks for the info Shelby!!
    I definitely have some more research to do, but I am sure sick and tired of the contacts and hoping to get it done this year.
    My bro (Ivan Dan on here) and his fiance...yes, Ivan Dan is soon to have a Mrs. Ivan Dan hehe...had theirs done a couple a years ago with no problems and it was quite a bit cheaper. But I do like the idea of the ALL laser procedure and really want to go that way.

purrfecttremor
    MT Wife had Hers done three years ago at the laser eye center in Onterio and yes Cindy She had a stigmatism and is very happy today but I think the cost was between 1500.00 and 2000.00.No knife used!!!! Oh yea it was lasik and has been two years in a row with great results at the optometrist.

bunny 166
    MT Wife had Hers done three years ago at the laser eye center in Onterio and yes Cindy She had a stigmatism and is very happy today but I think the cost was between 1500.00 and 2000.00.No knife used!!!! Oh yea it was lasik and has been two years in a row with great results at the optometrist.
    That is cool. :boxed: It would be so nice to have perfect vision, or close to it....

Totally IncapASSitated
    Do/Did any of you have an astigmatism?(sp?) Does it still work OK? I would love to have it done--So would D.....
    I have an astigmatism also and it did not seem to be an issue at the consultation.

bunny 166
    I have an astigmatism also and it did not seem to be an issue at the consultation.
    I think we need to talk to a doctor!....Maybe a gift for eachother?..... :idea: :boxed: :boxed: I have heard alot of great things...

Tremor Therapy
    Do not get all wrapped up into the cost issue. Make sure that the doctor you have chosen has done lots and lots of surgeries! The process is relatively painless and quick, but you want to insure that you are getting your surgery from someone who has the experience!
    But as fas as cost goes, I only spent $2900 for my surgery, but I had no other problems except being near sighted. At the time the correction factor that they could guarantee with custom lasik did not seem to warrant the 2k extra. 14 months later and I am still 20/20, but have noticed a drop off in my ability to see things up close. The doctor told me that when you are really near sighted, it turns into a lifestyle change....not a one surgery fits all dealio. So if I choose to read a book, or spend considerable time on the computer, I do need a cheap pair of readers.....a hell of a lot better than a semi-annual exam, and thousands of dollars of glasses and contacts!
    Good luck with your surgery.....you will be very happy with the results!

ROZ
    Tremor Therapy can see clearly now the rain has gone, and he can see all the obsticals in his way... Except at night, ofcourse

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast