Thread: I got to meet Infomaniac!!

rrrr
    In Tulsa for the Chili Bowl... I called Ron and got an invite to come over and tour the shop.
    Gotta tell you that Moritz Machine is one of the coolest old places I've seen in a while. It just has a....patina about it, some of the equipment is 60+ years old. Looks like they do a lot of "This is the only one left on Planet Earth, canya make a replacement?" type work.
    I got to take a look at Project Safari, the mid-engined GM minivan with a Beeg motor. The tour was great, Ron kept pointing out cool stuff, "Uh, this is gonna be a small block with a 14-71, here's a couple of 500 CI plus drag motors, here's a crankshaft for a inline 8 cylinder farm tractor we gotta rebuild...".
    His crank grinder looks like it could handle cranks over 6' in length. There is a submerged arc welder for depositing journal material on scored cranks so they can be remachined and reused, just cool equipment everywhere.
    Thanks Ron! Enjoyed the tour!!!

Jbb
    Isn't he one of those ...V drive guys......

Sleek-Jet
    Ron's a cool guy... he took me in tow at the Spring Vegas drags and showed me around inside a few of the top fuel Funny Car team trailers.
    Did ya get a T-shirt???

Her454
    I consider myself fortunate to know him ........... he's a great guy and makes killer Lemonaide Rum drinks..... that my sister and I named the "Red-Eye"...........after drinking more than a few of them in the Parking lot at Pomona we ended up missing "several" flights and taking the "Red-Eye" home LOL.

superdave013
    I met Ron at the PRI show in Indy. Out of 1,000's of people the Okie was pretty easy to spot.