Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Estate Investment....??

NOTALENT
    I am planning to buy soon within the next 6 months. Hopefully a fixer upper and then just put some renter's in it. Anyone have any tip's on some up and coming hot spot's...??? I have been looking in Boise, ID, and Prescott Valley, AZ.

Mandelon
    Kingman? Sposed to be a lot of development coming....

Ivan Dan
    I keep hearing San Antonio, Houston, and Austin TX areas as well. The problem with TX is that they don't have a state income tax so they charge quite a bit higher property taxes which sucks for out of state owners.

riverroyal
    I am planning to buy soon within the next 6 months. Hopefully a fixer upper and then just put some renter's in it. Anyone have any tip's on some up and coming hot spot's...??? I have been looking in Boise, ID, and Prescott Valley, AZ.
    the street is for sale,renters in it.They pay 2800 a month!House will go for around 750k,you can cover the loan,maybe not the taxes

jdogginla
    North Carolina and Pittsburgh area. Another thing that a friend of mine has been doing is buying properties around larger college campuses renting em out with good success. He pays a management company 7% of the monthly rent to take care of everything. He just gets his checks everymonth.

al cole'holic
    Pasadena, Tx.....$80k for a brand new condo, lots of military will be stationed there and they do get housing allowances
    This will be our next purchase..

NOTALENT
    North Carolina and Pittsburgh area. Another thing that a friend of mine has been doing is buying properties around larger college campuses renting em out with good success. He pays a management company 7% of the monthly rent to take care of everything. He just gets his checks everymonth.
    I have thought about that. One thing holding me back is that I can't afford too much right now...im looking at spending about 200k. which Is why I was looking in ID, TN, AZ, TX etc...I would love to fix it up and flip it, but we will see what I can find. I was figuring in 10% for property management. I have an investor as well to use if needed, to front for a bigger purchase or other loan's.

al cole'holic
    ...I agree here too, buy something in a college town like a condo...you will have renters all the time, be prepared to fix things every semmester

NOTALENT
    Pasadena, Tx.....$80k for a brand new condo, lots of military will be stationed there and they do get housing allowances
    This will be our next purchase..
    Do you have any website or specific info on these???

cdog
    In these kind of times be sure to buy where there is strong job growth in the forcast. Many areas that have had speculitive investors have allready started to bust. PM me you're email and i'll send you some articles. For instance The Carolinas and Utah had one of the highest default rates as of December.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast