Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Estate Investment....??

NOTALENT
    In these kind of times be sure to buy where there is strong job growth in the forcast. Many areas that have had speculitive investors have allready started to bust. PM me you're email and i'll send you some articles. For instance The Carolinas and Utah had one of the highest default rates as of December.
    PM SENT...
    Definatley something I have been looking at...

Totally IncapASSitated
    In these kind of times be sure to buy where there is strong job growth in the forcast. Many areas that have had speculitive investors have allready started to bust. PM me you're email and i'll send you some articles. For instance The Carolinas and Utah had one of the highest default rates as of December.
    Hey CDog-
    I would be interested in checking out those articles also. If you get a chance can you forward them to me also at riverrat7578@aol.com
    Thanks,
    Alan

NOTALENT
    Hey CDog-
    I would be interested in checking out those articles also. If you get a chance can you forward them to me also at riverrat7578@aol.com
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan, where have you been looking???

doesitfloat?
    I'm in Boise and things are booming. My house went from $280K to $390K in last 12 months. Rentals are a great investment here but I have to warn you that spec buyers from Cali are FLOODING the market. The rental want ad pages are full of rentals. Still seems to be a good inv. but just be selective. As many others have said, "you make your money on the buy...not the sell"
    I'm looking into buying around downtown Meridian (suburb town next to Boise)as it is an old little downtown that is just starting to get renovated. New modern buildings and/or historical restorations are popping up. Some good restarants and local clubs/bars...could be jumping in next few years. Good luck. If you need any other info on this area just ask.

NOTALENT
    I'm in Boise and things are booming. My house went from $280K to $390K in last 12 months. Rentals are a great investment here but I have to warn you that spec buyers from Cali are FLOODING the market. The rental want ad pages are full of rentals. Still seems to be a good inv. but just be selective. As many others have said, "you make your money on the buy...not the sell"
    I'm looking into buying around downtown Meridian (suburb town next to Boise)as it is an old little downtown that is just starting to get renovated. New modern buildings and/or historical restorations are popping up. Some good restarants and local clubs/bars...could be jumping in next few years. Good luck. If you need any other info on this area just ask.
    How about Sun Valley or Ketchum??? A woman here at work goes up there alot and her and her husband are looking at buying a place in Ketchum. I guess alot of good things are going to be happening there..???

Totally IncapASSitated
    Alan, where have you been looking???
    You name it...have been looking all over the country. It definitely requires a lot of research, as everyone has mentioned. The Austin area (suburbs of Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, etc.) have peeked my interest, but still doing some investigating as to how the rental market would be, employment rates, etc. But of course, just about everyone you talk to has a different piece of advice.
    Then of course there is always the old saying that "it takes money to make money!!!"

NOTALENT
    You name it...have been looking all over the country. It definitely requires a lot of research, as everyone has mentioned. The Austin area (suburbs of Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, etc.) have peeked my interest, but still doing some investigating as to how the rental market would be, employment rates, etc. But of course, just about everyone you talk to has a different piece of advice.
    Then of course there is always the old saying that "it takes money to make money!!!"
    Your on the money brotha...I seem to be getting most info and most booming on the pan handle of FL. Damn...So many places to research...If you dont try you wont suceed...I would rather make an attempt at the game then to sit by and watch.

Totally IncapASSitated
    Your on the money brotha...I seem to be getting most info and most booming on the pan handle of FL. Damn...So many places to research...If you dont try you wont suceed...I would rather make an attempt at the game then to sit by and watch.
    I hear ya there!!!
    FL has definitely been booming...consistently topping the national list for greatest appreciation
    CNN Money Article (http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/22/real...ates/index.htm)

totenhosen
    Unless you put 30% down you will more than likely not have positive cash flow on a property in Prescott Valley AZ. The problem is there are so many investors in these areas that the market is flooded with rentals driving rental prices down while property values are at all time highs. Job market is also pretty bleek in Prescott Valley besides construction and R/E industry.
    What I don't like about Texas besides the high property taxes is your are limited to how much money you can take out against the property.

Old Texan
    Just from my point of view and no real research, the Auburn-Opelika, AL area is growing fast with a lot of automotive support industries moving in to service the Honda, Mercedes, and Hyundai plants. Plus University of Auburn is right there.
    I have an aquaintance whose partners are looking at new multi family apartments and duplexes. They feel the need is there and prices are right.
    Also Greenville-Spartenburg, SC. Lots of good buys on lake properties at Lakes Hartwell and Keowee. Clemson is right in the middle of the lakes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast