Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tankless Water heaters

spectratoad
    I know this has been discussed before but does anyone on th eboards have the hookup for one or a reference for agood place to purchase?
    I am finally in the market for one. I am wanting one of the whole house types and I run propane to heat.
    I know folks here have them in use so I am wondering what the best brands are? Thanks for info.

lewiville
    i have the hook up, however are you going to do the intalling?
    You need to go to www.awhi.net
    These guys are my client and are the best in the western U.S. I dont think they will go out to L.V. to install, but maybe you can get it for the right price.
    Call and ask for Narciso, tell him Dan Lewis told you to call.

spectratoad
    Yes I can install it myself. I will give them a call. Thanks for contact.

Makinitdrip
    I got mine at Home Depot. its great.

a catered life
    kepp us updated on the price you get cause i might want to switch over also

spectratoad
    I have been looking at Noritz or Takagai. Both seem to be around $900. Doesn't home depot carry Bosch? M-Drip- how long have you had it, any probs?

YeLLowBoaT
    if your willing to drive about a hour I can get you one for just slighty over cost.

lewiville
    I have been looking at Noritz or Takagai. Both seem to be around $900. Doesn't home depot carry Bosch? M-Drip- how long have you had it, any probs?
    Noritz makes the Bosch
    Takagi make someother ones as well that the box stores sell

Sportin' Wood
    Been here before search it.
    I like the Ranaii brand the best.
    The reem looks promising as well.
    I used to pimp the hell out of the noritz and we we're the biggest installer of Noritz before they spent a pile on marketing. Since production went up we stopped selling Noritz. I had a problem with a bunch of them.If you go Noritz stay away from the 6.3 and go 6.9.
    Keep in mind your current gas pipe sizing may not be big enough to handle a tankless. a 50 gal. heater is around 50,000 BTU or 45 CFH
    a tankless runs in the neighborhood of 200,000 btu or 180 CFH.
    3/4 min. gas line for a tankless. To put it into perspective your FAU is around 100,000 BTU or 90 CFH.
    Propane would change CFH. If you need the conversion divide BTU demand by 2500.
    Sorry I don't sell retail. Might do an install in the I.E. as building has slowed way down and I have some hungry construction workers.

Angie
    We just switched over to one of these recently and haven't rec'd the first water bill to see the diff and not sure that we will see one, but it seems to work out well.
    I love the fact that it's a space saver.
    Don't forget to check into the slight noise issue (not sure they all have that), but it was resolved when a "kit" was installed. Just caught us off guard when we heard a faint machine gun noise after turning off running water and thought... "WTH is that?!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast