affidavits from family and friends
    How?

Ultracrazy
    How does custodial parent get decided?
    money
    support system
    How?
    Normally it's very tough to get the kids away from the mom. However, there is an ever increasing trend to have both parents share custody. Unless you can prove negligence on the part of the mom........it's tough to get full custody.
    Steve

Focker
    it cost me 50k
    but was worth every penny

Old Texan
    How does custodial parent get decided?
    money
    support system
    How?
    Mom- pretty much by default
    Dad- DEEP pockets
    The best scenario is to be able to bury ill feelings and become friends. Not close friends necessarily, but 2 adults that objectively consider the most important responsibility, the children. Joint custody done intelligently is the easiet road to making things work out. If the animosity is not present, it's a whole lot easier on children to accept the major change.
    Life goes on and if the love part on either or both sides is gone, the resulting split needs to be dealt with on a non adverserial level. Depending on the make up and maturity of the couple this can be as challenging as they make it.
    I've been married 31yrs. and raised 2 now grown children. Not had to experience divorce first hand but have more friends than I'd care to recall go thru it. The ones that dealt with it on a mature and respectful level made their new lives a lot simpler. Those that didn't gave a lot of lawyers and counselors the funds too upgrade to much bigger boats.

Ultracrazy
    Mom- pretty much by default
    Dad- DEEP pockets
    The best scenario is to be able to bury ill feelings and become friends. Not close friends necessarily, but 2 adults that objectively consider the most important responsibility, the children. Joint custody done intelligently is the easiet road to making things work out. If the animosity is not present, it's a whole lot easier on children to accept the major change.
    Life goes on and if the love part on either or both sides is gone, the resulting split needs to be dealt with on a non adverserial level. Depending on the make up and maturity of the couple this can be as challenging as they make it.
    I've been married 31yrs. and raised 2 now grown children. Not had to experience divorce first hand but have more friends than I'd care to recall go thru it. The ones that dealt with it on a mature and respectful level made their new lives a lot simpler. Those that didn't gave a lot of lawyers and counselors the funds too upgrade to much bigger boats.
    The man speaks the truth...........but we are dealing with women here

ROZ
    I'm for joint custody, for sure... My main concern is where she's going to live.. I believe I have a much better parental abilities...

JB in so cal
    Roz,
    always sad to hear of a breakup, but if it's better for you both...
    Always keep the kids as your primary concern and make the best of it.
    Made out with any Hot Boat chicka's, yet???

73kona455
    the father has to prove he can provide a better home environment for the child/children.. the mom has to be a pretty big screw up...i have had full custody fof my son since he was 8 months old.. he was 13 yrs old last sept.... the major thing that went against my ex is that she is an alcoholic.... good luck,,,stand your ground..

jtmarten
    I've had physical custody of both my kids for almost 8 years now. I ageed whole-heartedly that she should get the fuk out, and she agreed I was a better parent and I should raise the kids. We have joint legal custody though. It's really hard to get sole custody (as a father) unless you can prove the mom unfit.

73kona455
    how old are the kids?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast