Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fighting with the ex.... What do you guys think?

IMPATIENT 1
    Look it up on "nada" I bet its only worth a couple thousand.. Sell it for that price.. give her half the money.. then buy it back
    good luck
    THIS GUY NAILED IT! OR JUST GIVE HER HALF WHAT A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT MARINE DEALERSHIPS BID IT AT.GIVE THE LAWYERS BOTH BIDS AND OFFER HER HALF OF THAT.IF SHE REALLY WANTS OUT ,SHE'LL DO IT.

H20 Toie
    Be thankful that she only wants 2k. Just give here the boat and go get a better one.

Hardly Satisfied
    DUMP THAT B$T$H :argue:

Mr. Crusader 83
    DUMP THAT B$T$H :argue:
    its already done.
    i got new chick now....
    i just need to get rid of it.... im over the B.S.
    any takers.

I would call the Law Firm of Jones, Jones and Jones. They were on here before and settled a huge case. No BS firm right there.

Cas
    :argue:
    Ok so we dated for 5 1/2 years, we were planning on getting married, but she walked out on me. 4 years into it we bought a boat, she put in $2000 i paid the rest. ($3200) I also paid for the interior $2400, the pump work $900 and the engine upgrades $800. now she says she is taking me to court for half the price of the boat. Because her name is on the pink slip. $7500 if i get it.
    what do you guys think?
    we never got married.
    she never put any extra money into it.
    she has no proof that she paid $2000 up front.
    Personally, I don't think you owe her diddley squat. You weren't married and there's no "common law marriages" in CA...what's she going to do? take you to court? if so, what for? a $2000.00 investment into an assett that very rarely appreciates?
    To me, it sounds like you may have entered into a partnership on a boat. With a partnership, each party shares both the income (appreciation) and expenses on said property. Being that you put in $7300.00 of the money invested, she needed to share in the costs. Sounds to me like she owes you!

azgfboatgirl
    on the title it says
    my name / her name
    does that mean, and , or?
    i know if it is or then i can sell it without her signing
    / means AND in California

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
    Well you can go to court offer the $2000 that she put in and tell the judge the story or like someone else said.....sell it......BUT.....you could sell it to a hot boat member or some friend she DOESN'T know for a cheap price give her half and buy it back within the next week of the sell ?????? :idea: :idea:

nhbuoy
    ...I hope her or her lawyer aren't reading this...If you want to be a "nice" guy, give her half the NADA value, pat her on the head, & say go away...

soupersonic
    I think what he is saying is that she wants half of the total of what its worth ($7500) instead of the just the $2000 she put into it.
    Wish i could have got rid of my ex that cheap. $2000 or $3750, either way sounds like a bargain to me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast