Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Additional Down Payment Required

wsuwrhr
    Is this true?
    I thought baseline was set by neigborhoods or land use, not by individual houses.
    For the whole month right?
    Brian
    New home advice.
    When you move in, run your electric full tilt, air, washer/dryer, lights on 24-7.
    Why? because that's your new baseline. Most people move in and try and save a few bucks, then summer comes and the AC runs them WAY over the baseline.
    Good luck on the place.

wsuwrhr
    http://www.sce.com/CustomerService/u...selinefaqs.htm
    Uh...I was wrong, please disregard :220v:
    Bummer, I was hoping you were right.
    Thanks anyways. Any help is appreciated.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Back to the front

wsuwrhr
    Outnumbered,
    thanks for looking out.
    I liked them, I need a little bigger lot though, say 9000 on up. One was pretty cool out of that bunch,
    Got anything else?
    Brian
    Did you look at these? All three of these are 3 car garages, lots over 7k, and all north of Foothill. I x'd out some stuff because its supposed to be private MLS info but I'm sure A-Lavey can look these up. The 572/573 number is the Thomas Guide, FYI.
    I616401 S/A 106xx HEATHER ALTL 688 573B5 4A 2.00 $475000*A
    YBt: 1978 Gar:3 Sqft: 1589/A LO:951-520-xxxx View: Y LtSz: 7200 Pool: N
    I629973 S/D 67xx ARABIS RCUC 688 573H4 3A 2.00 $495000*A
    YBt: 1986 Gar:3 Sqft: 1664/A LO:800-230-xxxx View: N LtSz: 8125 Pool: N
    I627182 S/A 85xx HAMILTON RCUC 688 572F5 4B 3.00 $499999*A
    YBt: 1976 Gar:3A Sqft: 1871/O LO:909-758-xxxx View: Y LtSz: 9500 Pool: N

I was born and raised here in rancho and to see what the prices have done . Unbeleivable ! My parents bought there house 12 years ago for 115k and the house was sitting for two abandoned . I just cant get my fockin head around it , but I'm renting an apartment so what the hell do I know.

Outnumbered
    Outnumbered,
    thanks for looking out.
    I liked them, I need a little bigger lot though, say 9000 on up. One was pretty cool out of that bunch,
    Got anything else?
    Brian
    Don't want to step on A-Lavey's toes. I was just giving you some examples of how to get into RC for under $500k/$3,000 per month. There are plenty of homes out there--just don't bite off too much. If you plan to have kids that big house payment is gonna hurt even worse. Kids cost a bunch, especially for us self-employed types. Insurance, food, and clothes for a family of 4 is out of control.

djunkie
    I was born and raised here in rancho and to see what the prices have done . Unbeleivable ! My parents bought there house 12 years ago for 115k and the house was sitting for two abandoned . I just cant get my fockin head around it , but I'm renting an apartment so what the hell do I know.
    Don't feel bad. My parents paid $28k for their house. Its worth around a mil. now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

bigq
    If Iwas in that situation I would pile that 100k in a fixed rate saving, a CD at 5% maybeor something for at least a year then see what the market is. Then just rent a place for about 1500, but then i am in the belief that prices are inflated about 40%.

HM
    If Iwas in that situation I would pile that 100k in a fixed rate saving, a CD at 5% maybeor something for at least a year then see what the market is. Then just rent a place for about 1500, but then i am in the belief that prices are inflated about 40%.
    40% is what my brother's place in Huntington Beach dropped in the last burst. He had bought a home for $800K and 5 years later it was worth $500K. He had put $300K down and had a 30 due in 5. He wash sold the house and walked away. He lost $300K. But...that is not the end of the story. That same property is now worth $3.5 million - it was a 4500 sq ft home two blocks from the beach in a gated comunity. If he would have financed in a way that would have helped him survive the burst, he would be sitting pretty. But, lets assume we have another burst of 40%....that property would still be worth $1.4 million which is $600K higher than the previous peak. That is why real estate is always a good buy. Just make sure you get financing that will allow you to survive 10 years out, then you will be o.k. and possibly kick yourself for not buying more. They don't call it a buyers market for nothing.
    My brother actually ended up doing well as he bought in Coto De Caza at its cheapest time. He bought and sold several homes over this last boom and is ahead several million now. He also puts as little money into his houses and keeps his cash somewhere else so that he has control of it, not the banks nor the market - and he realizes equity has no rate of return.

Outnumbered
    40% is what my brother's place in Huntington Beach dropped in the last burst. He had bought a home for $800K and 5 years later it was worth $500K. He had put $300K down and had a 30 due in 5. He wash sold the house and walked away. He lost $300K. But...that is not the end of the story. That same property is now worth $3.5 million - it was a 4500 sq ft home two blocks from the beach in a gated comunity. If he would have financed in a way that would have helped him survive the burst, he would be sitting pretty. But, lets assume we have another burst of 40%....that property would still be worth $1.4 million which is $600K higher than the previous peak. That is why real estate is always a good buy. Just make sure you get financing that will allow you to survive 10 years out, then you will be o.k. and possibly kick yourself for not buying more. They don't call it a buyers market for nothing.
    My brother actually ended up doing well as he bought in Coto De Caza at its cheapest time. He bought and sold several homes over this last boom and is ahead several million now. He also puts as little money into his houses and keeps his cash somewhere else so that he has control of it, not the banks nor the market - and he realizes equity has no rate of return.
    Good example. Timing is everything.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast