Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about wells?

ddevore
    Hey all - anyone know about wells? Mine has gone down the crapper, just spent 12k on a new hole in the ground with hardly anything.... Is there a way to find more water without playing craps? Guy 1/4 mile down the valley has 55 gallons per hour - I have 3 WTF??? I would have rather supplied beer for everyone than have an 800' hole at my house!

wsuwrhr
    Well in all fairness, I have a few shovels.
    Is the beer offer still good?
    I don't know crap about wells. I wish I could help.
    Is it obstructed?
    Brian
    Hey all - anyone know about wells? Mine has gone down the crapper, just spent 12k on a new hole in the ground with hardly anything.... Is there a way to find more water without playing craps? Guy 1/4 mile down the valley has 55 gallons per hour - I have 3 WTF??? I would have rather supplied beer for everyone than have an 800' hole at my house!

Mandelon
    I'm thinking for 12 grand you could have put in a quarter mile of pipe over to his house................... :crossx:
    I don't think there is an exact science to well drilling, you can have a couple of experts pick a spot, but its always a gamble.

ddevore
    No obstructions, 5 clean acres to dig - just no damn water yet! Might just bring in kegs of beer instead of water - I'll let ya know

ddevore
    I'm thinking for 12 grand you could have put in a quarter mile of pipe over to his house................... :crossx:
    I don't think there is an exact science to well drilling, you can have a couple of experts pick a spot, but its always a gamble.
    I tried the whole bring in the water deal, the water district wants 100k to bring it in right now... Budweiser just sold a 600 acre ranch to a developer down the road so hopefully they'll pay a to bring it close.

wsuwrhr
    No obstructions, 5 clean acres to dig - just no damn water yet! Might just bring in kegs of beer instead of water - I'll let ya know
    I meant obstructions as a blockage in your well pipe.
    Brian

ddevore
    Nah, nothing - fresh hole but a big IR drill in it right now...

wsuwrhr
    Nah, nothing - fresh hole but a big IR drill in it right now...
    Ok, just tyring to help.
    I have drilled clear through to China on my CNC Mill a few times.
    Brian

C-2
    You might approach the city, tell them you have a well and see if they would be interested in trading your water rights, in exchange for a city water hookup. They might not give a crap whether or not it produces water, cities and the state hate private wells since they are a potential sources of runoff pollution (and they drain the aquifers).
    My neighbor traded his well rights in exchange for city water services. We too have a functional well (only 25' deep). About 10 years ago they wanted 30K to bring city water on our property - they calculated the amount on our frontage feet. Now it's more reasonable, so I too am trying to figure out how to deal with it.
    Does Murrieta have any infill programs with incentives to encourage private development? If so, they might waive a lot of connect fees/park fees/utility taxes etc.

ddevore
    Thanks for the suggestions, I don't really know crap about these wells, except that it's a bunch of cash! Think I may go back to the beer idea!!!
    Ok, just tyring to help.
    I have drilled clear through to China on my CNC Mill a few times.
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast