Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 Octane Low Lead??

Zaairman
    So my neighbor is letting me keep my beloved Tahiti in his airplane hangar. Come to find out, aviation gas is 100 octane low lead. Now, my motor is a 1973 Chrysler 130 HP two stroke, so I'm guessing that it will be ok to run on leaded. Right? Sure, it's $4 a gal, but I just want to try it...once. Ok, maybe twice :220v: Could I harm anything by doing this? Anything special I should do if I run the gas as in extra oil, etc?

copterzach
    I run AV Gas in my jetboat. I add 4 oz. Marvel Mystery oil per 10 gallons. Tha gas is very dry. I have been running it for 3 years on prob.

LakeTrash
    Any octane rating over 87 is a waste of money and will most likely lower your power level in a two stroke with 115 lbs of compression.
    You could get your dog to piss in the tank and that ole 130 Chrysler would burn it just fine.
    LT

W.O.T
    yeah i dont think that high octane is going to much for an older motor like that. 91 octane at best

mach1alaska
    h 100LL avgas has about 9 times more lead than leaded autogas ever had, it is just lower than the old higher lead avgas.
    I think it would be a waste of money for for your outboard unless you have considerably increased the compression. the old chrysler OB work best on about 87 octane.

Towndrunk
    I hate av gas. I don't know if it was just my sucky luck but I tried running it to see if it would make a difference in the way my allison ran and the thing stuck a piston after I switched it on. Haven't touched it since and won't reccomend it to anyone.

stoker2001
    I hate av gas. I don't know if it was just my sucky luck but I tried running it to see if it would make a difference in the way my allison ran and the thing stuck a piston after I switched it on. Haven't touched it since and won't reccomend it to anyone.TD TD TD,we have ran it for years at 10K rpm with no probs Is your cheap azz gonna make it to the world finals this year?It has been an exciting year for us and we can pull off the championship with a little luck as the leader in points is only two rounds ahead of us :220v:

Zaairman
    My Chrysler seems to run the best on 93 octane (yes 93, available everywhere out here), so I guess I'll stay away from the $4/gal 100LL, since 93 is about $2.19 right now

Towndrunk
    TD TD TD,we have ran it for years at 10K rpm with no probs Is your cheap azz gonna make it to the world finals this year?It has been an exciting year for us and we can pull off the championship with a little luck as the leader in points is only two rounds ahead of us :220v:
    KK, I was just relaying what happened to me. I would rather mix 91 with 107 sunoco any day. I get the sun for 5 a gallon so it's a good way for me to go.
    World finals? Is that a race or something like one? If I say yes and don't show I'm a cheap ass. Can I get my Harley in the pits with you? What are the dates? Hell, maybe. :boxed:

kanedog
    What kind of horsepower gains can I expect using dog piss?(recommended by lake trash)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast