Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator vs Liberator

bkplesh
    Which is a faster boat and what is the top speeds? Also which is a better boat?(21' with a outboard)
    Hows the ride? Hole shot?

Wardair
    21 MTR cougar runs 102mph with 280

bkplesh
    20 Siltouette will do 102 with a 280 also! but was looking for a good mid range close desk boat? I have a built 280

mach1alaska
    friend of mine has a centurion light lay up that would do realy well with a built 280 that he might sell minus motorhttp://www2.***boat.com/classifieds/images/1282_2048jrbBG5q9MxPo.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/classifieds/...oCoq2oAtJ1.jpg
    You can give him a call at 775-544-4470

bkplesh
    looking for a new hull. Thanks though

hoffman
    A Liberator will be faster than an eliminator because of weight. Liberators weigh alot less. Eliminator is built alot better and stronger, all around from layup to rigging and to upostery. YOU pay for what you get. It all boils down to how picky you are about strength, paint/gel, rigging and how much you can afford. just my .02 cents.
    Chris

LakeTrash
    Been there done that.
    Had a 21 Liberator for years with no problems. Wanted to go to a bigger boat so I though I would step up to the "best" and Eliminator. Ordered a 24' through Dave's Custom Boats. Bought a bare hull simply because nobody will do it to my standards. Got it in Louisiana and what a POS. Had three places in the gelcoat where deep chips allowed the lower colors to show. There were many more structual flaws but the best was the deck bridge behind the dash. The bridge did not fit the deck so they drove wedges in to support the deck. Then they took 1" wide fiberglass matt and glassed in 4 L shaped braces. Did they finish it - nope - they left the wood wedges stuck in place along with the 3/4 to 1" gaps between the braces for the entire width of the boat.
    Of course they said bring it back and we will fix it. Yea, a 4000 mile road trip at my expense. Cost me 1,500 with my glass man to bring the boat up to the standard of my old Liberator.
    I am sure all of thier boats are not like the one I got but do not think they are all perfect either. I did finish the boat.
    http://airmasterstab.com\24-5.jpg
    LT

bkplesh
    A Liberator will be faster than an eliminator because of weight. Liberators weigh alot less. Eliminator is built alot better and stronger, all around from layup to rigging and to upostery. YOU pay for what you get. It all boils down to how picky you are about strength, paint/gel, rigging and how much you can afford. just my .02 cents.
    Chris
    Chris did you sell your boat

bkplesh
    What is the cost on a liberator bare hull?eliminator is about 10k and a Silhouette is about 9k

STVBOY
    Laketrash
    How did that red/white 22 run with the triples? Is that the same boat on Chuck Goodmans website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast