Thread: H20 pressure gauge?

Moose
    Where's the best place to install a pressure gauge for my H2O?. In the crossover tube?, intake?. Any thoughts?.
    Moose

Where's the best place to install a pressure gauge for my H2O?. In the crossover tube?, intake?. Any thoughts?.
    Moose
    Intake is a good spot IMO.

MudPumper
    Mine is taken from a port on the front of my intake, just below the thermostat housing.

Moose
    I'm running a blower, so there is no place on the front of the intake to put a gauge, but there is two ports on the back. I think some peeps put a cross- over hose between these two ports?. I have a stainless cross over tube on the front of the engine, would a gauge on that, show the correct pressure?.
    Moose

BrendellaJet
    I think the location of the sensor will make a difference in the reading you get. I know that the people that put them in the pumps see different readings depending on where they sensor is located, but that may be due to the turbulence in the water?
    Perhaps the water pressure going through the engine is more consistent-since you are using so little of the pumps pressure capacity to plumb the motor my thinking is that the cooling water wont show such variations as they are seeing in the pump.
    More important- once you get a reading ad the cooling system is working properly, any changes in the reading could clue you in to a problem before you overheat or flood the pan.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Ok Im lost Is this for the block pressure or pump pressure????

BrendellaJet
    block pressure.