Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Excursion Died

CBadDad
    I was leaving my daughters soccer game yesterday and as I approached an intershection traveling approx 25mph I signaled to turn and applied the brakes and they were "hard". My first thought was that I better get those checked, but as I began my turn I had no power steering. When I looked at my dash, it was lit up and I had nada on my RPM gage. I managed to throw it in nuetral and pull it to the side of the road. I sat there for a moment, put it in park and she fired right up. I had 3/4 tank of fuel.
    I haven't had any other problems since.
    Any thoughts?
    For the record, it's an '02 7.3 PSD w/ 63K miles.

YeLLowBoaT
    hmmm could be lots of things... I would start with your battery cables. Its very commen for them to go bad/ come lose. That and fuses are the main cuases for a car to just die like that.

Rockchucker
    Camshaft position sensor is a well known culprit.

HMF'er
    Muffler bearings

78CoLe
    i agre with the cam shaft pos sesor same prob on my 02 7.3 always happened when letting off the throttle

Partycattin
    Camshaft position sensor is a well known culprit.
    I'd have this checked.
    Mine did the same thing. Then one day it wouldn't start back up.
    It was the cam sensor and the dealer covered it under warranty.

XtrmWakeborder
    Did it run rough before it died? My blazer did the exact same thing as yours due to a dead battery because my alternator was gone. Might want to check that also.

jbone
    Hook it up to the diagnostic computer and check the flux capacitor.
    J

ddevore
    Ford want's 2x the cost for a Cam Position Sensor than international or ebay will get ($100 from international)... check out www.thedieselstop.com - these guys know everything about these trucks, including the part numbers - I believe they even have step by step instructions on replacing the CPS (more than likely the problem).

shadow
    Ford want's 2x the cost for a Cam Position Sensor than international or ebay will get ($100 from international)... check out www.thedieselstop.com - these guys know everything about these trucks, including the part numbers - I believe they even have step by step instructions on replacing the CPS (more than likely the problem).
    Does EBAY or International give you a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty on parts & labor at any Ford dealership that you might be near,If the cam position sensor fails within that period of time will they pick up the tow bill?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast