Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As a proud father....

BigDoug
    Many of you know my son Josh is in the Army (Special Forces) and just about to graduate !!
    He has been writing to us and thanks the board members for their support
    What im trying to convey is while raising him with Richelle his step mom, Josh and i bumped heads many many times while growing up because we always preached to "handle your business and be responsible" as a young adult he just didn't get it, i was hard and strict on him to the point my family and friends said i should lay off a little and let him be, however i think that is the problem of todays youth, no family involvement or support.
    We did alot together and i showed him how to change oil, fish, sports, cars, bikes etc etc. just some growing pains but i knew he wouldn't grow up to do drugs (im totally against and won't tollerate it) he grew up around me to know there is no beer or alcohol in the fridge so i tried to set a good fatherly example blah blah blah.
    This is the important part, in the following letters from the Army, Josh has been saying over and over that the hard but firmness and pushing to be the best is paying off for him and thanks us every letter cause he feels like a leader out there with his troops and takes command of situations, i couldn't be any happier as a dad knowing i must have been doing something right in this kids life and it shows. I get tears in my eyes reading his letters cause of all the naysayers (friends and family) saying i was too rough or hard on him but they know now that what i was doing was molding a fine young citizen to go out and conquer the world.
    Im a very proud dad and if any of you are parents out there, know this, discipline, love and consistency will ALWAYS be what this nation was founded on and family values are still the #1 priority we should instill in our kids.
    Sorry for the lengthy writting but i needed to share a bright side of my day !!

Jesster
    Congratulations!! I agree with your reasoning completely, and hope my son turns out as well as yours has. Again congrats.

ratso
    Congrats...

topless
    Do you want to adopt a couple teenagers for a few years????
    Seriously, Congrats to you, Richelle and Sonny for making this world a better place. So ya want a 14 yr old boy and 16yr old girl for a few years? :idea: :idea:

SummitKarl
    That's my Buddy talking there
    congrats my friend, sounds like we all have good reason to proud of you and your son

Not So Fast
    Be proud my friend, be very proud. NSF

Warlockjer
    What Bobby said!!!

JetBoatRich
    we all know Josh is a good kid it was you we are worried about

THOR
    You should be proud; it sounds like you did a good job. Take pride in that. Josh is obviously a reflection of you.

BigDoug
    Damn Rich, that was harsh !! there goes my evening !!
    To Topless, i'll be glad to take yours for a summer and rest assured they will behave and respect you when all said and done.
    I sound like Dr, Phil or something

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast