Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Voltage regulator or DC to DC converter ?

I need something that can regulate the voltage that is coming off a relay that powers one of my fuel pumps.
    I see some fluctuation in my voltage during a run due to some big nitrous solenoids that draw alot of amps. The changes in voltage is screwing with my fuel pressure (pump psi. changes as voltage changes) so Im looking to keep the voltage to my pump constant at roughly 13.5 volts. Are there voltage regulators or converters that will work for my application?
    Thanks.

placecrafttim
    Sounds like you need a capacitor. But I dont know how your system is wired so I'm little help to ya.
    Tim

Its wired like anyone else would wire a fuel pump using a bosch 30 amp relay.
    CS

sanger rat
    Maybe this would work for you. http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=31

placecrafttim
    Do you have relays controlling your solenoids? If so are they on the same circuit as the fuel pump? Meaning that you have one main wire that feeds all relays. If so maybe you can increase the size of wire or get a bigger battery or both. Have you checked the battery to make sure it's up to par. Just a couple things I could think of. Hope it helps.
    Tim

The wiring is up to par, not the problem here...
    The problem Im having is the changes in voltage change the fuel psi. in my nitrous system.
    Is there something available like a regulator that will keep my voltage steady?
    CS

Maybe this would work for you. http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdetail.php?prod=31
    thats a neat deal there Sanger but Im looking for a steady rock solid voltage for my fuel pump, not something that changes as the RPMS go up, Im seeing enough of that as it is..LOL
    thanks for the replys.
    CS

sanger rat
    Are you running a alternator?

yes its a mini denso type, puts out 55 amps.

deltaAce
    If the application of the nitrous solenoids taxes the battery enough to decress voltage to the fuel pump, it may also have a degrading effect on your ignition system. Perhaps a higher amp battery is in order.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast