Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flying with a 3yr old....What to do?

C-2
    So we are going to Hawaii in November, and have never flown with our 3.5yr old little girlie.
    Are portable DVD players permitted on flights?
    Does anybody elese have any pointers for a 5 hour flight and busy little girl?
    Rarely does she fall asleep in the car - in fact she's wide-awake on most drives to Havi.
    The vacation part is easy, but getting there scares the hell out of me :220v: :220v:

78Eliminator
    So we are going to Hawaii in November, and have never flown with our 3.5yr old little girlie.
    Rarely does she fall asleep in the car - in fact she's wide-awake on most drives to Havi.
    The vacation part is easy, but getting there scares the hell out of me :220v: :220v:
    A screwdriver?

b's sanger
    Nyquil. No offense, but spent an 11 hour flight back from Paris with a screaming 3 year old. Not mine.

talbert450r
    Portable DVD players and all other electronics are allowed on the plane and can be used once in flight. Just remember not to bring any liquids or gels in you carry-on or they will take them. Whatever you do please don't let your child kick the seat in front of them it drives everyone crazy. Have a Great time on your trip.

Longtime Lurker
    Portable DVD player was the best investment we made. Our daughter will be 4 this month and she has made the trip twice. She loved the plane. We dropped in a movie and she was cool. We also took coloring books, regular books, and a lot of snacks.

78Eliminator
    How about leave her with grandma?

C-2
    How about leave her with grandma?
    Family vacation, I wanna take her, and besides - grandma owns the Hawaii vacation house. She might get a little miffed if we come empty handed!
    So I figure we got about 45 minutes to 1 hour in general excitement, about .5-1 hour in book reading, 1.5 hours for a movie; another 1 hour of Fergie and Gwen Stefani before the laptop craps out.....I still need to fill 1.5-2 hours of time.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Piece of gum or some kind of sucky candy on accent & decent to help with the cabin pressurization....
    If not.....you will be in hell....
    Later,
    CJG

Longtime Lurker
    Family vacation, I wanna take her, and besides - grandma owns the Hawaii vacation house. She might get a little miffed if we come empty handed!
    So I figure we got about 45 minutes to 1 hour in general excitement, about .5-1 hour in book reading, 1.5 hours for a movie; another 1 hour of Fergie and Gwen Stefani before the laptop craps out.....I still need to fill 1.5-2 hours of time.
    If you have an Ipod, create a playlist for her.
    If you are able to download your movies into your computer, that might help with the battery life.

78Eliminator
    Or you can tell her to be quiet and sit still and be patient.
    hahahaha. yeah, i dont have kids, can you tell? lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast