Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flying with a 3yr old....What to do?

Jyruiz
    Cough medicine with codeine or allergy medicine.

Just remember not to bring any liquids or gels in you carry-on or they will take them.
    I thought that was changed last week?

socalmoney
    Flying with a 3yr old....What to do? :
    Don't sit by me!

73kona455
    duct tape and nylon zip ties........

talbert450r
    I thought that was changed last week?
    They allow something like 3.5 oz total but it must be seperated in clear plastic bag and you may be subject to additional screening, its just easier not to bring any.

Wake Havasu
    So we are going to Hawaii in November, and have never flown with our 3.5yr old little girlie.
    Are portable DVD players permitted on flights?
    Does anybody elese have any pointers for a 5 hour flight and busy little girl?
    Rarely does she fall asleep in the car - in fact she's wide-awake on most drives to Havi.
    The vacation part is easy, but getting there scares the hell out of me :220v: :220v:
    Hey Craig
    Make certain she is chewing or drinking on the up and down to relieve any ear pressure.

Wake Havasu
    Cough medicine with codeine or allergy medicine.
    AHHH an experienced parent~!
    I miss the days when mine were young enough to kock 'em out with dimetap!

HYPNAUTIC
    many airlines have upgraded their cabins to include power for laptop computers. you do need a special adapter that can be rented through the airline. you must call in advance to reserve one. a special/ surprise movie might keep her attention better. i for example will be buying The Little Mermaid today.
    Guava juice is typically served inflight also. to avoid her from using "lavatory" serve her at least 2 or 3 glasses. give her 6-7-8 and you wont have to worry about her going #2 until you get home.
    if you do need to get her up to walk around, walk her towards the back galley, the crew normally hangs out there. they're usually good at distracting kids.
    on the +side. airlines presurize their cabins with only 85% oxygen which will help her fall asleep easier
    dont worry bout other passengers, most of them have been in your shoes before. my daughter will be 5 in Dec and has made that particular trip 3X's

imirsh1
    I have a 3 year old and just did Hawaii, The key is take the red eye. It worked for us.

scarabrick2
    lap top will only last so long. make sure u bring comfortable head sets for the movies. go to costco and buy the 7 inch dvd player. bring a bunch of movies as she'll be always asking for something u don't have. plus you can use the dvd player when u get 2 Hawaii in her room as it has the outputs so u can hook it up 2 another tv. instant babysitter take the headstes OFF when departing/landing. don't want built up pressure. if she chews sugar free gum give her a piece before u take off and unpon descent. Lasst time I took my son on a long flight, i went to costco and bought another dvd player but i only used the battery for an extra. took it back when i got back. Just keep the package in order so they can put ti back on the shelf and re sell it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast