Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-15 to River/Desert Users

Quality Time
    Your trip may be significantly impacted. Choose your travel times wisely.
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist8/devore2/rrcls.htm

Hardly Satisfied
    I go the 10 to dessert center

catman-do
    That sucks!!! Im going out this weekend too, and we are staying at Moabi so theres not much choice on which way I go.

Havasu1986
    That sucks!!! Im going out this weekend too, and we are staying at Moabi so theres not much choice on which way I go.
    My buddy has a place in Needles. Sometimes he has to go to Palm Springs to check on job sites. There a road that goes from that area to the 40. Don't know the name. Its not 62 either

Riveratz
    There is always this other route.. 10 to 62 to 29 Palms then north to the 40 on Amboy RD. I have never taken it but was told it was another way to go.

havaduner
    Thanks for the info, planning a Dumont trip the end of the month, have to check back to make sure how things are progressing.

THATJEFFGUY
    There is always this other route.. 10 to 62 to 29 Palms then north to the 40 on Amboy RD. I have never taken it but was told it was another way to go.
    That's the ONLY way I go anymore. There's no traffic on Amboy Rd. and usually no chippies either !

I haven't taken the 40 (except from Mountain Springs Rd to Needles) in over 2 years. Amboy is the way to go, but if you're paranoid about rough road, don't take it. There are a couple spots they haven't paid much attention to, but there's a LOT of new asphalt from the light to about half way to Amboy. Kind of amusing coming up on the 40, looking over to the left and seeing all the BS around Goffs. I love the drive late at night with a full moon.

dirty old man
    Jeff, you've just given up one of the best kept secrets in all of boating! Darn you, now we'll get so much more traffic. There are some things that just shouldn't be shared
    love my shade anyway

racecar.hotshoe
    I haven't taken the 40 (except from Mountain Springs Rd to Needles) in over 2 years. Amboy is the way to go, but if you're paranoid about rough road, don't take it. There are a couple spots they haven't paid much attention to, but there's a LOT of new asphalt from the light to about half way to Amboy. Kind of amusing coming up on the 40, looking over to the left and seeing all the BS around Goffs. I love the drive late at night with a full moon.
    They have done alot of road work out there.Its not as bad as it used to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast