Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are stainless fenders worth the extra $640?

socalmoney
    Need to replace my 25 year old Competitive trailer and was thinking of getting an Extreme trailer. They want $4500 for a new trailer with all standard equipment. It would cost me $640 to replace the painted fenders with stainless fenders. Is is worth it? Anything else I should consider? What should I do with my old trailer?

cdog
    No. Plus they'll be so god dammed hot you'll burn the hell out of your hand when you touch them after sitting in the AZ sun. :220v:

shockwavebd
    I say yes...if you scratch them you can buff them out............don't listen to cory....lol

Kilrtoy
    no

getreal
    I’ve had trailers both ways, without a doubt stainless is the way to go.

lilrick
    SS anything is cool.

Mandelon
    Only if they won't be worth more than the boat..... It looks nice, they won't chip and rust.....but its your money.....
    Man--->chipped white fenders<------delon....

voodoomedman
    Not worth it. They get hot and it is the one area where the bling actually doesn't look better. The trick with the painted fenders is to put a bath mat on them when people are climbing in and out and you don't get the scratched up. If room is a problem then maybe consider a swing a way tongue but only if room is a problem. I don't have one because room isn't an issue and the tounge actually only sits a few inches in front of the bow. Now one thing I say to get is the retractable tie down straps on the back of the trailer. Very convenient.

prop check
    Stainless is definetely nicer looking and can be polish to eliminate chips from towing. How about trying another trailer builder that might have a better deal on the nicer features for a trailer. Pacific,shadow,hoss/zeiman,Competitive

Angry Inch
    If you like the painted look, stoneguard it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast