Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I am driving down the freeway.

dmontzsta
    And a huge sheet of wood comes crashing down on me, shattering my window, scrapping up my hood, bending my antenna, scuffing my headlight and the top pillar on my door. What a great day...****ing people need to learn how to tie their shit down! Now do I go through insurance? pay the deductible, and have my insurance go up? or just bend over with no lubrication and fix it all myself?
    ****ing gay!

LAFD
    why would your insurance go up it wasnt your fault. and would the cost of fixing it match or be higher than your deductable.

Jyruiz
    I would go thru the insurance, it is not a sure thing that your rates will go up because of this incident.

Throttle
    I think I may go through the insurance company ( I dunno for sure but, outta pocket $ could be pricey from the sounds of it). good luck... glad you are ok.

SPUDWIG
    That is why you pay insurance. I had a claim with mercury and never had a increase

dmontzsta
    I was driving down the freeway with the phone ready, but everyone's stuff looked secured to their truck or trailer. It happened so fast, I was doing 75mph and I look right to see an SUV smash in to it and then the big piece fly into the air, I couldnt go left or right, cause there was people on both sides, it happened too fast, I just had to take it.

VanDeano
    And a huge sheet of wood comes crashing down on me, shattering my window, scrapping up my hood, bending my antenna, scuffing my headlight and the top pillar on my door. What a great day...****ing people need to learn how to tie their shit down! Now do I go through insurance? pay the deductible, and have my insurance go up? or just bend over with no lubrication and fix it all myself?
    ****ing gay!
    Dude, you owe me for a new piece of plywood. :crossx:

OGShocker
    That SUX!!!
    Back when I rode street bikes a 4x8 sheet of ply, came off the back of a tree trimmers truck. The giant frisbee missed taking off my head by INCHES. Some people just don't think.
    Good luck,
    OGS

v-drive
    Same thing happened to me when i owned my mustang. The term the insurance company used was "no fault". I don.t think you have a problem.
    My son was driving down the freeway when a piece of sheetmetal came off a truck. It didn't break the windshield dut broke the drivers side rearview mirror. His face was cut badly but when I went to pick up his truck I found that his sunglasses had been knocked off of his face by a piece of glass that would have taken out his eye had he not been wearing them.
    count yourself lucky Donald......v-drive

RitcheyRch
    Had the same thing happen to me on my way home from work about a month. My insurance company asked if the wood hit the ground first. If it falls off the back of a truck and hits the ground first than they basically say you hit the wood and it goes under collision insurance and your insurance premium goes up. If it falls off the back of the truck and hits your vehicle first than it goes under comprehensive insurance and you only pay deductible and your insurance premium doesnt go up.
    So, the moral of this story is that you tell them it didnt hit the ground first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast