Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Engine Masters Shaping up: Ford Kicking Butt

Blown 472
    Your reading comprehension needs some help. I'll say it again, I am not arguing Ford against Chevy. I checked out because I can only ask the same question so many times. Below is an example of the response to how Fords dominate Chevys on the lakes to be a fact....
    The APBA classes you quote are a very small part of boat racing. Are the Fords restricted out of unlimited classes?
    The yuppie comment pretty much summed up the context of these discusions. He doesn't like any boat over 22' so he calls them and their owners names. How many boats in his length category are built with the technology of a 38 TS Top Gun, or a Skater, how many of these boats are powered by Fords? Oh thats right, they don't count because they are yuppiemobiles.....
    So far 058 is the only one to give credible facts in his responses...
    Yuppie boats, now that is funny.
    Strange I see alot of v 10 mopars getting put in your style of boats.

wsuwrhr
    Blown, they are Illmors.
    Everyone is a little embarassed to say Dodge, Mopar or anything related.
    Brian
    Yuppie boats, now that is funny.
    Strange I see alot of v 10 mopars getting put in your style of boats.

This is getting way off topic, but I think to bring it back a little, the EM challange would be more realistic if they would allow the newer technology ie: the overhead cam stuff, and see what these "gurus" can really do. This two valve, pushrod motor stuff has just about run it's course. :sleeping:I'm not sure the Engine Masters would be better served by new technology just yet. The factorys are still sorting these engines out and with the techonolgy changing weekly it would be damn near impossible to make the playing field even. Seems like the Big 3[?] all have a somewhat different approch to engines. How do you match a new Hemi to a 4.6 2V or even a 4V engine? By using typical 2V pushrod V8s built to simple contest guidelines with engines we all can relate to makes for good reading and an interesting contest. Of course I'm happy that a Ford has came out on top the last 3 years but I would be just as interested if something else won. I find it interesting that a Pontiac came damn close to winning. Some of the Chevy guys complained that the rules favored Ford and thats why a Chevy didn't win. Just how did the rules favor Ford or any other engine for that matter? Funny how when a Chevy doesn't win they cry foul but when a Chevy wins "...well thats just the way its suppose to be" or "...Of course a Chevy won, they are the best and all the rest are junk." I think they are having a tough time accepting the fact that there are other players now that are as good if not better.

cfm
    The competition is for "engine builders" not 'what type of engine is best' although that , of course, will be a side result.
    Example:Why has Kaase gon with Pontiacs ? To showcase his talents more so and get people off 'oh, it's because he used a Ford or Chebbie or what ever.'
    It showcases what engine builders can put together for combinations with certain rules.
    "Give me the rules and I'll build whatever will make the most power while being legal."
    Although a majority Chevy guy myself, I loved this contest. I like motors first, then brands second. What some of these guys cam make for overall power (look at their points score) is absolutely amazing. They all deserve congratulations and for those that really care, should be looking into what they did to assemble these motors.
    This thread has been entertaining, but way off topic. The 'mine is better than yours' will continue forever. That's what makes racing fun.

steelcomp
    This thread has been exactly on topic, as it was started by Lakes to brag about Ford's "kicking butt", which is too bad because as you say, that totally misses the point of EM. Even in their "stock" configuration like with EM, these engines are very specific and purpose built for dyno numbers, and nothing more. Put most of these engines on a race track and they wouldn't perform as well as you might think.

LakesOnly
    The competition is for "engine builders" not 'what type of engine is best' although that , of course, will be a side result.
    Example:Why has Kaase gon with Pontiacs ? To showcase his talents more so and get people off 'oh, it's because he used a Ford or Chebbie or what ever.'
    It showcases what engine builders can put together for combinations with certain rules.
    "Give me the rules and I'll build whatever will make the most power while being legal." Well, now that we're back on topic.....
    Kaase chose to run a Pontiac over a Ford for several distinct reasons. The original reason for the Pontiac was to throw a Pontiac win into Ford's face after he won the previous year's contest with a Ford (after which then their business dealings soured). Also, he intentionally chose to not run the chebby. Finally, in regards to "I'll build whatever it takes to win the contest:" had his business dealings not soured with them, I really feel that he too would have run the small Ford with the CHI heads.
    LO

LakesOnly
    This thread...was started by Lakes to brag about Ford's "kicking butt", which is too bad because as you say, that totally misses the point of EM. Even in their "stock" configuration like with EM, these engines are very specific and purpose built for dyno numbers, and nothing more. Put most of these engines on a race track and they wouldn't perform as well as you might think.I started this thread on the final days of EM to give a play-by-play of the final results of the 49 entries. There is no place for me to "brag" here because I didn't have an entry. I was pleased to see the 10.5:1 c/r ratio rule, though, but had there been 8 chebbys and 2 Fords, I still would have started the thread...maybe even naming the topic with "chebby kicking butt." That simply was not the case this year.
    I am indeed very pleased to see the Fords in the top of the finals and mostly on down the list. But as I've stated many times before, I'm not so much a Ford guy as I am a 429/460 enthusiast...my hope is that enthusiasts of other engine brands may give Ford a second overall look rather than immediately dismiss them (any of 'em). That includes the 385 Series.
    Most any engine builder competing in this contest would choose what they feel would be the best engine to win. I don't beleive that this year's rules necessarily favored Fords and not the chebby small block as several have suggested. But I feel it certainly favored the small blocks over the big blocks across the board. In their oem engine configurations, I don't think any of the big blocks set up at 434 CI max could create the torque that the small blocks were able to generate...not with most of the BB's intake port sizes. In fact, had I forged forward with an entry, I would have entered not to attempt a win with a 385 but rather to "make a statement" about the 385-Series capabilities...even if it weren't the best engine choice for this year's rules...and ours would have definitely included filling the floors of the passenger car ports so as to make themn smaller yet (in search of torque in the pull range of the dyno testing). I havent seen any pics yet, but I'll bet Kaase's big block Pontiac entry has hella-filled intake port floors.
    LO

Havasu47
    Maybe I could shed some light here for you... First off your boat is not only a yuppie boat but is typically owned by fags! :notam: Second off you show nuthing but pure ignorance with your dumb ass post by stating that your boat is owned by people who are not yuppies & don't eat alot of dick! Then you come on here & attack a well known member of the blue oval racing association & back it with nothing but talk about 4-6" of chop! WTF??? Now with that out of the way, I think it is just common knowledge that FORDS are #1 & everything else is gay & affordable! My mustang would kick ass on any stock caprice or 2500 suburban & you know it you bald headed duche bag! You can't argue & that is a "FACT" ... HOMO! Why don't you tell people about the "FACT" that you couldn't sack up & drive in the enduro... because you had a monster attack of roids... Chevys are for small minded pipe puffin g-string wearing, tanning salon men loving bald people like you!
    Any thing else I can help with...please feel free to ask!
    I can't believe it took you this long to pull your head out of your ass long enough to come over here and clear everything up for us!!
    How many chevys do you own you pipe puffin g-string wearing, tanning salon men sucking long hair fag? I can think of at least 4....
    I'd drive the enduro if you put something together that went faster than 65... Have your grandfather build a ford for one of those things, then we'll talk!

Gearhead
    YB,
    The Pontiac holding sixth place above was entered by a builder named Iron Horse Machinery.
    Sorry about being so late on this post.... I just ran across it. The engine referenced above was built by Jeff Burien of Haughton (just outside of Bossier City) Louisiana. Jeff is a die hard "old school" Pontiac freak. His engine was old school parts.... not meaning bad parts but rather original design Pontiac with Edelbrock heads.
    He was a little late getting the engine together and so he did not have much time to really work the combination. He dynos his engines at my shop. He did make a couple of tuning mistakes in New York which cost him a few points. He is a good guy, but very conservative on his combination and tuning, but learned the others in the challenge were very agressive.
    He too was impressed by the current technology available in the Ford aftermarket heads.
    Gearhead

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213