Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior help

txboatnut
    I was going to try some longer screws but was wondering if maybe there was some kind of insert I should be using. Don't want to go to long since it is only 3/4 plywood. I wish I could get look at another taylor ss.

inwo
    Stainless T-nuts? Can you get at the back of plywood to insert them?
    http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=7&cs=97&cm=6
    I just ordered some chrome and SS fasteners from them. Lots of neat stuff in SS.

I was going to try some longer screws but was wondering if maybe there was some kind of insert I should be using. Don't want to go to long since it is only 3/4 plywood. I wish I could get look at another taylor ss.
    Txboatnut, you can add fiberglass mat, to one, or both side of your plywood. I will really make your fasteners bite. :idea:
    Sleek

maxwedge
    Here is a pic of the seat mount in my Sidewinder SS. The seat has been rusted off for your ease of viewing. I also removed the "Holly Hobby" pillow wrapped in a trash bag that was hidden under the duct taped vinyl, acting as a cushion. Might be similar to your Taylor. I don't know if this helps any, but incase you can't tell, the seat base is welded, rust bonded, hose clamped, and speaker wired to two flat steel bars that are bolted to the aluminum angle that's bolted to the wood base with lag screws. The steel didn't hold up so well, but the wood and aluminum are fine. You probably could make something similar by raiding your neighbors garbage.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...seat_mount.JPG
    By the way, if you are putting seats like my Sidewinder had, in your Taylor , I will be over shortly to kick your ass.

txboatnut
    Stainless T-nuts? Can you get at the back of plywood to insert them?
    http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=7&cs=97&cm=6
    I just ordered some chrome and SS fasteners from them. Lots of neat stuff in SS.
    Inwo,
    I could get to the other side If I take the covers off. Which I was going to do to put some resin on to help make them more water proof.

txboatnut
    Txboatnut, you can add fiberglass mat, to one, or both side of your plywood. I will really make your fasteners bite. :idea:
    Sleek
    Sleek,
    I could do that. I was going to pull the covers off and put reason on anyway. You think one mat on each side would do it? Where is the best place to get mats and resin?

txboatnut
    Here is a pic of the seat mount in my Sidewinder SS. The seat has been rusted off for your ease of viewing. I also removed the "Holly Hobby" pillow wrapped in a trash bag that was hidden under the duct taped vinyl, acting as a cushion. Might be similar to your Taylor. I don't know if this helps any, but incase you can't tell, the seat base is welded, rust bonded, hose clamped, and speaker wired to two flat steel bars that are bolted to the aluminum angle that's bolted to the wood base with lag screws. The steel didn't hold up so well, but the wood and aluminum are fine. You probably could make something similar by raiding your neighbors garbage.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...seat_mount.JPG
    By the way, if you are putting seats like my Sidewinder had, in your Taylor , I will be over shortly to kick your ass.
    LOL max.
    long haul from IL to TX. Mine did not look like that. If I unbolted that seat from the plate and the side of the boat there is nothing under it. I could try making something like that. I did see the orginal seats and they did not have any thing else. The cushion pretty much rested on the floor of the boat.

Sleek,
    I could do that. I was going to pull the covers off and put reason on anyway. You think one mat on each side would do it? Where is the best place to get mats and resin?
    Well, most auto parts store carry the glass resin, and fiberglass mat. Or if you have a Boat US, or Boater's World near you, they have the stuff too.
    Sleek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12