Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a new system in the truck. Audison Amps?

beaverretriever
    I was wondering if anyone is running them here (in boat or vehicle)?. I ran Mcintosh amps in my last truck and I liked them alot. Not sure I want to spend that much this time. Im looking at the LRX series.
    I have a friend that is running the VRX stuff and says its the best he has ever used. He runs the new Focals in his other car. He thinks the Audison are a notch up. What do you guys think?

phebus
    I think Tobtek is running them in his DCB. PM him.

mbrown2
    Toby runs them and his boat stereo is a top of the heap system....he also runs focals....Focal's and Audison it is tough to do any better...

Mr. Naudio
    Toby runs them and his boat stereo is a top of the heap system....he also runs focals....Focal's and Audison it is tough to do any better...
    (we sell both ) IMO
    Would say it has alot more to do with the Focal speakers never been to impressed with the Audison amps, Would put the PDX up with itall day long.
    In fact we put a PDX in our Focal display and the Audison is on clearence.

ROZ
    (we sell both ) IMO
    Would say it has alot more to do with the Focal speakers never been to impressed with the Audison amps, Would put the PDX up with itall day long.
    In fact we put a PDX in our Focal display and the Audison is on clearence.
    That's because people are unfamiliar with the name. It's high end amps are widely recognized by home audiophiles around the world looking for extremely good sound in their vehicles. Without argument they make some of the best sounding amps in the world.
    Application is always key, though... The fidelity and sound reproduction in Toby's boat is extremely sic,k and he put 3 of them in there with Focal 3ways and subs to be different and more one off.
    Also, people are aren't too willing to spend 2k on each amp much less 13k in additional gear plus labor ...
    And then there's the Thesis ..lol There's only like 8-10 of them in cars here in the US.. but dam, 8.5G's? and then you have to have someone who really knows their stuff to set the amp up

beaverretriever
    Audisons really are not that bad. They offer amps starting at 200.00. Granted, they are not their top-o-the-line but still good.
    I dont want a 20k system, just somthing different. Like I said, I ran Mcintosh before and was extremely pleased but the cheapest 300 watt 1 channel Mac amp starts at over 1100.00.
    The same friend that is running the Audison stuff is had a Volvo S60 with all Brax stuff, talk about expensive.
    I really dont know what I want to do.
    I do have a hard time putting really high end stuff in a boat. Can you really hear the difference in a big open space like a boat. I have JL and pioneer in our current boat and it sounds great. Its not a big system, and I would like to make it bigger but I dont know which way to go in the boat.
    Im not a real educated audio guy. I know what the good stuff is but I cant tell you if it is right for me or not, especially in a boat.
    Do I need Audison in my truck, no probably not but it sure is cool to have stuff that most people dont run.
    I actually had a set of 12" Ascendant Audio Arsenal subs ( $180.00 each) in my wakeboard boat with Diamond audio 6.5 coaxials, 2 NVS 10" Addiction tower speakers and 3 Zapco amps, and people were absolutely blown away with my sound, clairty and bass.
    BTW, those Ascendant subs are some of the best I have ever used and by far the least expensive...LOL You never know.

Mr. Naudio
    That's because people are unfamiliar with the name. It's high end amps are widely recognized by home audiophiles around the world looking for extremely good sound in their vehicles. Without argument they make some of the best sounding amps in the world.
    Application is always key, though... The fidelity and sound reproduction in Toby's boat is extremely sic,k and he put 3 of them in there with Focal 3ways and subs to be different and more one off.
    Also, people are aren't too willing to spend 2k on each amp much less 13k in additional gear plus labor ...
    And then there's the Thesis ..lol There's only like 8-10 of them in cars here in the US.. but dam, 8.5G's? and then you have to have someone who really knows their stuff to set the amp up
    As always you are 100% I myself could not justify the xtra money for the
    Audison.But ya gota member I is just poor white river trash.
    If anybody wants one though I got A very slightly used SRX 4.300.2 w/two of the BTX2 balanced line transmitters,and the ACB1 Aclass booster and fan for
    $600.00. (was a demo )

ROZ
    But ya gota member I is just poor white
    We be twins seperated at birth

Mr. Naudio
    We be twins seperated at birth
    Yeh,you got more than half the brains though.
    And I still think the better end of the seperation.
    With mom and the teets and all
    Me and paw go sin from park to park never know sin ifs they was to
    have the hook ups for the toe let.
    and stuff

thmper321
    The only amps that compare sto the Audison VRX and McIntosh amps would be the DLS and TRU amps. The problem with TRU is that they are hand built in the US and therefore are difficult to get. DLS is tough to get being that most retailers don't know about this european brand of amps and speakers. They have won the national and international IASCA championships over the last two years. All amps in the post are increadible to listen to but it all depends on if you want to spend the money for this product for a boat. I think good speakers(like focal, Diamond, or MB Quart) with a ton of efficient power works better for a boat application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast