Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty-WTF?

doesitfloat?
    In 1985, I was a sophomore in High School in San Mateo, CA. A girl I had known since kindergarten and her friend were brutally kidnapped, raped, stabed over 30 times each, beaten with a hammer and thrown into a ravine 12 hours later to die.
    The girl I knew, Jenine Grinsell, died on the operating table and her friend, Laurie McKenna (whom I didn't know) survived. This was my first experience with any kind of death, let alone something this violent and horrific. I remember seeing her the very night before at a basketball game at Aragon HS and, being shy and awkward at the time, I couldn't muster up the courage to say HI (she then went to a private school and I hadn't seen her in months). I thought she was so cute and I was just tongue tied. Little did I know that she would be dead in 2 days. I will always regret not saying hi to her.
    Anyway, the point of this rambling is that I just found this link about the story as well as the fact that David Alan Raley, the killer, is still alive...21 friggen years after the fact!
    WTF!!!!! Why even have the death penalty if we are going to keep these animals alive for 20+ years? The mother fugger has outlived the Jenine's mom, the sentencing judge, his own attorney, etc. This is BS. And you know this whole 21 year "process" has cost the Cali taxpayers a million dollars. When are we going to wise up and end this BS with a rope and a tree? Or better yet...let Jenine's older brother, Reid, spend an hour "alone" with Raley...PROBLEM SOLVED.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/15593569.htm

doesitfloat?
    Don't forget that killers need PenPals too. WTF!!!!!
    DAVID ALLEN RALEY Hello ! I hope that this letter will find you doing real good, and also in real good health and spirits too. As for me, I am doing the best I can under the circumstances, being on Death Row...In hopes that you might be able to help me, and I truly ! hope so too...What I would like to be able to do...is to get some pen pals. The reason my attorney told me about you all, is cause I have been having thoughts in dropping my appeals. Cause of the same routine every day, the loneliness is getting to me etc. and sure you can understand that. And my attorney figured getting some pen pals would help. With the loneliness, and and help me hang on longer, and not drop my appeals. So again anything, and any help you all can give me, will be very appreciated. Take care, and God bless and watch over you all always...Smile! Again, take care, and hope to hear from you all real soon too. Sincerely,
    David Allen Raley
    D-86900 NS-10-SS
    San Quentin State Prison
    San Quentin, California
    94974 US
    http://www.ccadp.org/CA3.htm

Kilrtoy
    There is actually a commercial airing right now about this and good ole jerry Brown.....
    Who by the way is running for the state attorney generals seat in Cali....
    I hope nobody votes for this AZZHOLE

doesitfloat?
    There is actually a commercial airing right now about this and good ole jerry Brown.....
    Who by the way is running for the state attorney generals seat in Cali....
    I hope nobody votes for this AZZHOLE
    About what, specifically? The length of the DP process, the DP itself, or about the Raley case?
    Jerry for AG??? Send him back to Oakland. Hasn't California learned from his stint as Gov in the 70's that mayor is about as high as he should go?

Kilrtoy
    about JB for AG, it slams his abilities to due th eright thing and sight his views on this case and how he is against putting him to death

doesitfloat?
    about JB for AG, it slams his abilities to due th eright thing and sight his views on this case and how he is against putting him to death
    Wow...friggen hippie. The day Jerry Brown is AG of California is the day I move to Ida...oh, wait, nevermind....done.

YeLLowBoaT
    IMO death row should be about as long as it takes for you too walk out back and have some one put a .22 in the back of your head... .22 only cost $.02, its cheap fast and works.
    I aslo think we need to expand capitol crimes. Rape and child molsation are 2 crimes that I don't think any one would have a prob with. lets go back to the way things were... if you raped some ones kid, you were never seen again, every one knew who did it, no one cared.

Kindsvater Flat
    Up in Quincy the hanging tree is still alive and well behind the courthouse. :idea:

beernut
    i hope the sob gets out, and some one is waiting to give him the same thing he gave the girls, :crossx: bring back the old west, get a rope!!!

deltarat
    In 1985, I was a sophomore in High School in San Mateo, CA. A girl I had known since kindergarten and her friend were brutally kidnapped, raped, stabed over 30 times each, beaten with a hammer and thrown into a ravine 12 hours later to die.
    The girl I knew, Jenine Grinsell, died on the operating table and her friend, Laurie McKenna (whom I didn't know) survived. This was my first experience with any kind of death, let alone something this violent and horrific. I remember seeing her the very night before at a basketball game at Aragon HS and, being shy and awkward at the time, I couldn't muster up the courage to say HI (she then went to a private school and I hadn't seen her in months). I thought she was so cute and I was just tongue tied. Little did I know that she would be dead in 2 days. I will always regret not saying hi to her.
    Anyway, the point of this rambling is that I just found this link about the story as well as the fact that David Alan Raley, the killer, is still alive...21 friggen years after the fact!
    WTF!!!!! Why even have the death penalty if we are going to keep these animals alive for 20+ years? The mother fugger has outlived the Jenine's mom, the sentencing judge, his own attorney, etc. This is BS. And you know this whole 21 year "process" has cost the Cali taxpayers a million dollars. When are we going to wise up and end this BS with a rope and a tree? Or better yet...let Jenine's older brother, Reid, spend an hour "alone" with Raley...PROBLEM SOLVED.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/15593569.htm
    Growing up in Belmont we used to go to that Mansion where this all happened all the time. I cant tell you how many times we snuck into that place and partied all night long. The thing that trips me out is I to was a Sophomore when all of this happened and I knew the girl that survived this family pretty well. I am just as pissed about his now as I was then. That f#cktard should have been killed a long time ago!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast