Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Immigration...a step in the right direction

Starloans
    If this country ever gets illegal immigration under control, this is one of the types of things that needs to be done. It could be years before they even get this ordinance on the books but Escondido is going in the right direction.
    What I think is funny is the ACLU lawyer saying that an ordinance prohibiting landlords from renting to illegals is.........illegal. LOL
    Article (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...9-7m6folo.html)

Old Texan
    Yesterday, in front of Abed's Mobil station on East Valley Parkway, a small group of protesters picketed.
    Organizer Danny Perez said he plans to be walking the sidewalks there for the next two weeks until the second reading of the ordinance Oct. 18. “This is a little class in economics for Mr. Abed to show him what will happen if half of the people are gone,” he said.
    Protesters held signs in English and Spanish saying such things as “You Don't Want Our People, We Don't Want Your Business.” The station's manager said he hadn't seen a decrease in customers.
    Debra Rosen, chief executive of the Downtown Business Association, said she understands both sides of the issue but worries about how Escondido will be perceived.
    The above is excerpted from Starloans article and shows the 2 biggest obstacles we face in getting illegal immigration fixed.
    Mexican Americans and the illegals trying to force their economic "imact" on us as a threat. “People are stopping to get gas, and they don't need gas,” he said. This statement shows the community is standing up to the threat and supporting Concilman Abed.
    The second issue is the Debra Rosens of the country worrying about the PC perception of others. Stopping the illegals is right. If we do what is right, to hell with perceptions. I applaud Escondido for standing up to the "invasion" and only hope they are considered an example and a beginning.

HighRoller
    One of the biggest problems in society is that people spend too much time worrying about what other people think about them. If a scumbag illegal immigrant thinks you're doing something bad, it sounds to me like you're right on track!!!

centerhill condor
    So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... I should not be allowed to rent a house?
    if you're here unlawfully you shouldn't be renting a house 'cause you shouldn't be here! I don't understand what folks don't understand...yea, we should ship all unlawful folks to where they can exist legally. We write millions of speeding tickets annually to enforce the law. We can emigrate millions annually for the same reason. It really isn't very difficult.

SmokinLowriderSS
    You are close, but let me help clarify it for ya.
    So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... If I enter the country ILLEGALLY (in violation of immigration law) I should not be allowed to rent a house?
    Correct
    There ya go. Should be clear as good quality crystal now.

Old Texan
    So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... I should not be allowed to rent a house?
    Why don't you invite a nice lil' Mexican family to move into your extra bedroom or your garage. They'll take care of all your clean up and laundry and in return you can feed, clothe, educate, and make sure the dentist keeps a big ol' smile on their happyass faces......
    Contribute something sensible or just shut the f-- up... :crossx:

Kachina26
    you two aren't any fun are ya.......
    Come live in one of the southern boarder states for a year or so, and you'll see why we've lost our sense of humor on this subject Our infrastructure is being choked, and if you suggest that an abundance of people here illegally is to blame, well then, you my friend are a racist! Sorry, don't see anything funny about it anymore. :cry:

Blown 472
    Come live in one of the southern boarder states for a year or so, and you'll see why we've lost our sense of humor on this subject Our infrastructure is being choked, and if you suggest that an abundance of people here illegally is to blame, well then, you my friend are a racist! Sorry, don't see anything funny about it anymore. :cry:
    Have you contacted anyone in the gubment to complain about this or just whine on the internet about it?

CARLSON-JET
    This subject has certainly died with the elections comming up. We are being handed some real non political crap lately.
    I have some opinions and wonder if anybody else shares my thinking.
    The Corporations basically run Washington with the lobbyists. It seems obvious that they really have no interest in what the citizens of this country think ,feel, or want. Their agenda is really the bottom line and not what is good for the USA. What I'm thinking they feel is good for them, (Corps) is to keep this issue pitting one side against the other. A class warfare situation.
    The top earners in this country really do not have to compete with any of the shortcomming from Illegals. While usually benifiting from depressed wages of the lower and middle working class through Higher profit margins and bigger dividends. At the same time the shift of wealth continues to grow.
    We blame the Illegals, their sympathisers and the crooks in washington D.C. But not who is really controlling the laws being made in this country.
    Why??

Kachina26
    Have you contacted anyone in the gubment to complain about this or just whine on the internet about it?Yes, I have, and still do. Did you write that on your own? Or, was it a cut and paste from somewhere?
    Thanx for your concern, dipshit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast