Thread: Drive Height

LUVNLIFE
    On my 27' Daytona my drive is 2.5 inches down from the rubrail. I read other people on here with the same boat and their drive is all the way up against the rubrail. I realize this is done for more speed because of the higher dimension but my question is; If this is a way to get more top end why are they not all rigged this way? Why is mine which is a Bravo XR rigged lower? Thanks, Cale

DMOORE
    If the boat was originally intended to be an all around family/ fun/ go fast boat, it was more than likely set up a bit more on the conservative side( as far as x dimension). It will get up on step with lots of weight easier. Also pull tubes and skiers easier as well. Not sure if you are the first owner, but intended use and power has a great deal to do with how it's set up from the factory.
    Darrell.

LUVNLIFE
    If the boat was originally intended to be an all around family/ fun/ go fast boat, it was more than likely set up a bit more on the conservative side( as far as x dimension). It will get up on step with lots of weight easier. Also pull tubes and skiers easier as well. Not sure if you are the first owner, but intended use and power has a great deal to do with how it's set up from the factory.
    Darrell.
    Thanks. No I'm not the first owner. Good info though. I guess if it really bugged me I could go with an Imco shorty and gain a little back. Just surprises me they would try to set it as a family pull a tube boat. Hell everyone wants the speed when you get into this style of boat. Thanks again for the info.

DMOORE
    I think ya might be suprised on how many people are purchasing what used to be only "super high performance" type hulls, and having them rigged as good all around boats. Sure by having the really high x dimension it may pick up a few MPH. But, I'm sure your boat works better almost everywhere else.
    Darrell.

LUVNLIFE
    I'm def happy with it. Earlier this year we had a Teague 720 installed and it's a great all around dependible package.

Beer-30
    Aw, what's the matter? Can't break the 45 mph BV speed limit?

LUVNLIFE
    Aw, what's the matter? Can't break the 45 mph BV speed limit?
    When the Ranger pulls me over I just say "No way was I going that fast, my boat only does forty miles an hour " :rollside:

Beer-30
    When the Ranger pulls me over I just say "No way was I going that fast, my boat only does forty miles an hour " :rollside:
    .....as far as your insurance knows. :220v: