Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boeing T-9 Lubricant

WILD LAVEY
    has anyone heard about this new lubricant? its a water displacing lubricant that works 10 times better than wd-40 on preventing rusts. its made by boeing.

Jet City
    Its been around for a looong time, also known as Boe-lube, I first found it at a bicycle shop. It is far superior to WD-40, better lube and will stay around longer, good for any light-oil application.

Essex502
    Are you talking about "Boeshield T-9"? If so, it is a rust inhibitor NOT a lubricant. It is also hazardous to handle.
    From Boeing Chemical Data Sheet:
    WARNING ! CAUSES IRRITATION !.
    TARGET ORGANS: Eyes, Skin, Mucous Membranes, Respiratory Tract, Lungs, Central Nervous System, G.I. System, Liver, Kidneys, Blood
    Irritating to eyes, skin & mucous membranes. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Do not breathe vapors. Do not take internally. Harmful or fatal if ingested. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep container closed when not in use. Wash thoroughly after handling. If, contacted, rinse with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention.

Schiada76
    So all those times I've sprayed it on a rag and wiped it on my cav plates, fishing reels etc. I've poisoning myself? jawdrop

Skullinator
    I'm sure thats hazardous waste if you have some you better call me to come pick it up.Of coarse there will be a fee involved.

I use that stuff on my mountain bike.....works great!!

Schiada76
    Essex502:
    Are you talking about "Boeshield T-9"? If so, it is a rust inhibitor NOT a lubricant. It is also hazardous to handle.
    From Boeing Chemical Data Sheet:
    WARNING ! CAUSES IRRITATION !.
    TARGET ORGANS: Eyes, Skin, Mucous Membranes, Respiratory Tract, Lungs, Central Nervous System, G.I. System, Liver, Kidneys, Blood
    Irritating to eyes, skin & mucous membranes. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Do not breathe vapors. Do not take internally. Harmful or fatal if ingested. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep container closed when not in use. Wash thoroughly after handling. If, contacted, rinse with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Obtain medical attention. I'll bet the exposure is greater if you spray a 747 with it instead of cav plates.

Frosty_pop
    How does it react to the heat of the headers?

Mandelon
    I used it on my last boat. Coated everything under the cowl with it. Keeps a waxy sort of coating on all the electronics, connections and rust prone parts. Works great. It would probably burn off of hot parts though.

Blown 472
    How does it compair to LPS, and where do you get it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast