Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard boiled eggs

Tom Brown
    How can I make hard boiled eggs so the shells peel easily?
    I've tried a few different combinations of time and quenching but they don't peel worth shit and there's only so many hours in a day.
    I've got to take a potato salad to a church meeting this evening and I don't have a lot of time.

Jbb
    You are on death row.....eggs do not matter now.....an escape plan does...

Tom Brown
    I plan to chop my way out.
    I'll win over her heart, just leave this in my hands.

Jordy
    I usually just boil them and then dunk them in ice water. Always peel easy for me. Perhaps the eggshell conversion factor is toying with you.

HM
    Go buy some deviled eggs at the store. Just add potatoes and mayo.

ratso
    Tom, I boil mine for 20 minutes. After that I run cold water over them while they are still in the pot. The shells will peel very easily then. Lemme know if you want to know how I do my Trail Mix...

hoolign
    How can I make hard boiled eggs so the shells peel easily?
    I've tried a few different combinations of time and quenching but they don't peel worth shit and there's only so many hours in a day.
    I've got to take a potato salad to a church meeting this evening and I don't have a lot of time.
    Ok heres what ya do!
    You'll need a few items first and about an hours prep time.
    2 large bath towels
    4 large pots
    2 dozen eggs
    1 hockey stick
    1 mop
    Fill 4 pots with water and start boiling the water. Once the water is boiling dispence an deven amount of eggs into each pot
    Soak the towels with water, wrap the towels around your feet, put your feet into the deepfreeze!
    let the eggs boil for an hour!
    When the towels are frozen solid on your feet, grab the hockey stick and smack the pots sending them onto the floor..the eggs will crack and for most part be peeled
    Walk around the kitchen and pick em up! ( and you thought the frozen towel idea was a waste! )
    Mop the floor

Tom Brown
    Tom, I boil mine for 20 minutes. After that I run cold water over them while they are still in the pot. The shells will peel very easily then. Lemme know if you want to know how I do my Trail Mix...
    Thanks, gents.
    I boiled them for 15 minutes before quenching. They were fine but could have used a few more minutes... 20 minutes next time.
    The potato salad is done. I ran out of mayonnaise and had to substitute but I know the church ladies will enjoy it, despite the unusual presentation.

Tom Brown
    Ok heres what ya do! ..........
    Mop the floor
    You are one of the great evil genius of our time, Hooli. :idea:

hoolign
    You are one of the great evil genius of our time, Hooli. :idea:
    My fortee is not really 'boiled eggs" ..Scrambled is my gig! but renting the 40 ton jack takes some lead time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast