Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 91 Corvette ZR1

Sleek-Jet
    I seen that.
    What I thought was interesting is that Vette was all original hardly ever driven.
    I forget what the mileage was. Wasn't it like 14,000 miles or something?
    Anyways they said the car sold brand new in 1991 for 30,000 dollars.
    The high bid on the car was 29,000 dollars. SOLD 29 grand. :hammer2:
    So the idiot that bought the car new, parked it in his garage for 15 years and hardly ever drove the thing so he could lose money. :220v:
    He should have held on to it another 5 - 10 years. Vette's seem to run on a 20 year pricing cycle. They depreciate for about 10 - 15 years, and then start to appreciate after that. Rare cars like the ZR-1's don't go down as much but suffer from the same cycle it seems.
    29,000 is still a steal on that car. There have been a few go on ebay for more than that.

maxwedge
    What's really sad is that a lot of ZR1's were selling over 60k when they first came out. It was a very in demand car at the time. I'd guess that the majority of the first year ZR1's sold new for well over sticker price.

HCS
    He should have held on to it another 5 - 10 years. Vette's seem to run on a 20 year pricing cycle. They depreciate for about 10 - 15 years, and then start to appreciate after that. Rare cars like the ZR-1's don't go down as much but suffer from the same cycle it seems.
    29,000 is still a steal on that car. There have been a few go on ebay for more than that.
    Another thing that was interesting. The bidding went 29..30..31.
    Then back down 30...29...
    I couldn't figure out if some guy changed his mind or what.
    There was some confusion between bidders.
    The guy that got the car was a long hair hippy looking dude from the sixties.
    Typical Vette owner.

pjones
    I seen that.
    Anyways they said the car sold brand new in 1991 for 30,000 dollars.
    The high bid on the car was 29,000 dollars. SOLD 29 grand. :hammer2:
    So the idiot that bought the car new, parked it in his garage for 15 years and hardly ever drove the thing so he could lose money. :220v:
    According to the info I found the base price was $32,455.00
    and the ZR1 option added $31,683.00. So he paid somewhere around
    $60k and it went for 30k 15 yrs later...Doesn't make much sense????

maxwedge
    Depreciation. It's what happens to most cars over time. Especially when you pay twice the asking price, just so you can be the first to have one.

Sleek-Jet
    Depreciation. It's what happens to most cars over time. Especially when you pay twice the asking price, just so you can be the first to have one.
    ZR-1's sold for over 60K new, that was the asking price. Like has been posted before, the ZR-1 engine was a 30K option... on top of the 30K list price for a new Vette.

maxwedge
    ZR-1's sold for over 60K new, that was the asking price. Like has been posted before, the ZR-1 engine was a 30K option... on top of the 30K list price for a new Vette.
    Yeah, I know. I guess what I should have said was that a lot of ZR1's were selling for WAY over 60K when new. I seem to remember people paying well into the 100K range, like maybe $140k. Actaually I thought the sticker was like 75K Does that seem right? Those were my college years, so my memories a little fuzzy. LOL

Sleek-Jet
    Yeah, I know. I guess what I should have said was that a lot of ZR1's were selling for WAY over 60K when new. I seem to remember people paying well into the 100K range, like maybe $140k. Does that seem right? Those were my college years, so my memories a little fuzzy. LOL
    I don't remember them going for that much, but they were moving for more than sticker price. I had an uncle that worked for a dealer in Colorado. They had a guy come in and pay cash for one. Something like 70 grand in 100.00 dollar bills.

HCS
    I can't find that exact car.
    Got to be on here somewhere.
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti...ts/default.asp

maxwedge
    I don't remember them going for that much, but they were moving for more than sticker price. I had an uncle that worked for a dealer in Colorado. They had a guy come in and pay cash for one. Something like 70 grand in 100.00 dollar bills.
    That must be nice. I need a stack of 100 bills like that. I wonder if that guy regrets spending it. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast