Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 91 Corvette ZR1

maxwedge
    That must be nice. I need a stack of 100 bills like that
    Man, my posts are Phuc-up city today. I guess I need more than 2hrs sleep or else I'm going to be editing everything. What I ment to say was that I need a stack of 100 dollar bills like that. But I guess 10k would be nice too. LOL
    Yep. I even needed to edit my post about editing posts. :220v: :crossx:

spectras only
    Another thing that was interesting. The bidding went 29..30..31.
    Then back down 30...29...
    I couldn't figure out if some guy changed his mind or what.
    There was some confusion between bidders.
    The guy that got the car was a long hair hippy looking dude from the sixties.
    Typical Vette owner.
    The hippy was prolly the friend of the seller . They figured the bidding didn't go well ,and didn't want to loose a good car [ they were 60K+ new here] for way too low of a price. Paying 8 % comission to barrett jackson is better than losing a good car for peanuts . If I remember correctly, the ZR 1 engine is also all aluminum . GM dropped the ZR engine for the same reason merc dropped the Scorpion .
    Friend of mine has a 78 vette he bought for his mom who never drove it .
    He still had it last year with 800 miles on it . Ugly car though , otherwise I would have bought it off him. My colleague's dad has a 1968 327 conv 4 speed I'm going to look it this spring . He's far away from here ,but I have to take a stab at it ,since I can have it for like 10-11 K cdn . Car just need new paint , top has been replaced and the seats are new . Hope the bugger won't sell it on me before I make it there . It's in an undisclosed area , and NO ,I won't tell anyone where it's at

HCS
    The hippy was prolly the friend of the seller . They figured the bidding didn't go well ,and didn't want to loose a good car [ they were 60K+ new here] for way too low of a price. Paying 8 % comission to barrett jackson is better than losing a good car for peanuts . If I remember correctly, the ZR 1 engine is also all aluminum . GM dropped the ZR engine for the same reason merc dropped the Scorpion .
    Friend of mine has a 78 vette he bought for his mom who never drove it .
    He still had it last year with 800 miles on it . Ugly car though , otherwise I would have bought it off him. My colleague's dad has a 1968 327 conv 4 speed I'm going to look it this spring . He's far away from here ,but I have to take a stab at it ,since I can have it for like 10-11 K cdn . Car just need new paint , top has been replaced and the seats are new . Hope the bugger won't sell it on me before I make it there . It's in an undisclosed area , and NO ,I won't tell anyone where it's at
    There was something strange about the way it sold.
    Iv'e never seen the bidding go up then come back down.
    Then all the sudden it sold.

Flashover
    I can't find that exact car.
    Got to be on here somewhere.
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti...ts/default.asp
    Here it is...
    Scottsdale 2006
    1991 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR-1 COUPE
    LOT #98 - NO RESERVE
    2006 BJCCA CCA
    1991 ZR1 Barrett Jackson (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/event....asp?id=183885)
    OPTIONS
    COLOR - BLACK
    TRANS - 6 SPEED
    CYLINDERS - V8
    ENGINE SIZE - 350
    All original ZR1 with only 16,000 original miles. Perfect condition, original window sticker, manuals, leather ZR1 VIN case, with dual tops, one amazing car. Fastest production car of its time.

ROZ
    Had a friend in 91 who had a red one... that kid tore the thing up.. If was a lot of fun though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123