Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 871 vs 1471 blower?

jeffroe
    i have a guy who wants to trade my intercooled 871 blower for his intercooled 1471 blower. i have a 468bbc w/oval port cast heads, 7.5 compression and turns a AA impeller about 6500rpm. would this blower be over kill for a lower rpm motor, i have to run my 871 about 1 to 1 to make 8psi i would guess the 1471 would trun alot slower to make the same?

QuickJet
    I've a had a couple blowers and was lead to believe that the bigger units are more efficient therefore make more power. Even at the same or a tad lower boost levels. I'm no expert though. Might want to post this in the blower section of this forum (if you havn't already)

jeffroe
    yes i posted the question on the blower forum as well.

P-Money
    Well, if your not interesting, I am. I've got an 8-71 I would love to trade for a 14.

jeffroe
    it just makes me nervous when someone offers a better deal than what i have it doesn't usually work that way for me.

BAE_557
    It all depends on what type of 871 blower you have and what type of blower the 1471 might be. Possibilities are: hi-helix, billet rotors, front discharge, small top opening, billet case, aluminum case, mag case, polished, back gear, hard anodized, etc.

superdave013
    it just makes me nervous when someone offers a better deal than what i have it doesn't usually work that way for me.
    bingo!
    That 14-71 must be one worked over mutha. Why else would he want to down grade? Unless of course he's wanting to use it in a car with clearance problems.

jeffroe
    he's got another jet boat that he wants to keep the blower under the rear cover.

sdba069
    The 14 is only 3 inches longer than the 8 with the same height dimension. Keep in mind that if you make the change, an offset distributor drive is necessary. Also, they use the same intercooler.

Marty Gras
    "keep in mind, it will go from a rocket to a missle" unless the 14-71 is a POS! What kind of guy would TRADE a GOOD 14-71 for any other blower???? Did I put enough ???'s to make you think??? "Dave" sees exactly what I see, it's BS! YOU send him a functional blower and HE sends you a POS! Deal with REAL companies and you will get REAL RESULTS! I'm not saying you need to be rich to have a REAL BLOWER MOTOR, I'm just saying YOU need to be carefull when dealing with "BOAT RACERS" anywhere! The "motor cover" deal is BS!!! It's cheaper to make the MOTOR COVER FIT THE MOTOR than downgrade to a smaller blower!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast