Thread: Great deal on a Lavey XCS!?

2Driver
    If you don't mind the tow back from NC this guy will now take $26,000. The Marina will store it for you for $300 until March. Seems like a great deal for someone. Dam it being a closed bow! 496 HO too.
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/5/85898785.htm

RiverToysJas
    That is very sweet deal!!! They are called 21's, but they're 22'8" over-all and look much more like a 23'er on the water.
    That boat is not an HO, it's a Mag, but you'll still see low 70's, no problem. It's got a lot of room in it too, w/ facing lounge seats and enough head room for a 6'er. Plus the v-birth bed. If not for the kids, we'd have gotten the closed bow.
    RTJas

DCBDaytona
    That is very sweet deal!!! They are called 21's, but they're 22'8" over-all and look much more like a 23'er on the water.
    That boat is not an HO, it's a Mag, but you'll still see low 70's, no problem. It's got a lot of room in it too, w/ facing lounge seats and enough head room for a 6'er. Plus the v-birth bed. If not for the kids, we'd have gotten the closed bow.
    RTJas
    WOW, that is a smokin' price. Hell, even our 1997 21' XTSki Stepped V with a 454MPI sold for over $30k...And that was in 1999 :idea:

2Driver
    Yeah this seems pretty nice. 103 hours and all fresh water. I know I'd be hating the closed bow with the 5 year old not to mention add a few friends, but it is tempting.

racecar.hotshoe
    If someone buys it I might be able to haul it back here for them.Mooresville NC is where the new race shop is and I need to go there soon.

4DAY4PLAY
    RTJas
    No offense, but i doubt you'll see that boat do low 70's GPS with a mag...the fastest ive seen a mag do is 68 in a 21 ft "light" boat, that Lavey is built strong, lots of freeboard, and therefore is much heavier than your avg 21'

OCMerrill
    I have seen that boat in the trader for many months. They started at $39K...it went away for about 2 weeks and came back for the past two months. Now with more pics.
    Thats a nice boat for a good price. Its basically my boat on top with a V bottom one can actually use. We feel we are restricted to the river with a runner bottom.
    I asked Lavey if the deck could be cut and it was an astounding NO! Different top molds for closed and open bow.

RiverToysJas
    No offense, but i doubt you'll see that boat do low 70's GPS with a mag...the fastest ive seen a mag do is 68 in a 21 ft "light" boat, that Lavey is built strong, lots of freeboard, and therefore is much heavier than your avg 21'
    I'm not offended, and I'd bet that boat will run 71. Not in 115 degree heat, but under good conditions for top speed. Maybe I shouldn't have said "no problem", but it's my educated opinion you can see 71+ in that boat - and that's pretty fast for that size boat. Waterndog is getting low-mid 80's w/ the 500HP. The closed bow version is faster than my open bow, with much less weight in the bow and the dash a foot and a half further back. My open bow MAG has hit 69 and change. Mandelon has hit 71 on my GPS, w/ an HO in the open bow, three adult males, and full fuel - but that was in the ocean. In my opinion, that bottom works very well and weather you hit 69 or 72, that will still be a very well performing boat for the money.
    RTJas