Thread: cost to teflon a 6-71 blower????

IMPATIENT 1
    what's it cost to have the rotors tefloned? what's the benefits other than more boost? does it help create more boost at lower rpms? help a blower newbie out guys,lol.

Badburn
    It was less than a couple hundred bucks to have blower shop do mine while they already had it apart to rebuild it.

CARLSON-JET
    This is my understanding. Blowers get hot when making boost. When that happens it closes up the tolerances on the rotors. stripping the rotors allows a tighter tollerance without worring about the rotors scoring. Tighter tollerances allow higher boost at lower rpms. again, this is my understanding. The only expierience I have is from a 144 stripped baby B&M.

VDRIVERACING
    Do it. No regrets...

IMPATIENT 1
    wonder what it cost if the blower was in good conditon already? mine doesn't need a overhaul yet, just would like all the boost i can make outta the 6-71.anybody else sent there blowers in for teflon??

BOOGEYMAN
    turbo355 does all of his rebuilds and re stripping himself so it is pretty cheap that way if you can do it.

502 JET
    what's it cost to have the rotors tefloned? what's the benefits other than more boost? does it help create more boost at lower rpms? help a blower newbie out guys,lol.
    You can call Big Als Toybox (http://www.bigalstoybox.com/index.htm) they should be able to steer you in the rite direction.

LynnsJet
    Al is cool and so is his machinest, Lloyd. They helped me a lot and they also had kits for my Edelbrock carbs that I use on top of my B&M 420 / 496. I was having problems with being too lean and their kit was cool and reasonable $.
    He has a nice website with lots of pictures of blower motors.
    L J

blown428fe
    Big Al rebuilt my blower this summer, and also helped me with some timming issues about a month ago. Excellent people and a damn nice shop with blowers motors all over the place.