Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu lake views...I don't get it

DILLIGAF
    To me "most" of the views in Havasu which are considered lake views are very, very ugly. I am talking about all the wires and poles in the view towards the lake. Who wants to look at that shit. It is ugly as hell.
    My home in BHC has a back yard that is considered my view. I purposely bought below a hill so I did not have to put up with any more wind then I had to due to a pool I have. Plus I wanted complete privacy in my back yard.
    Why do you guys pay premium dollars for a location with a "lake view" and you have to look thru all those wires and poles or look at a postage stamp size view? I would much rather have a view like John/Michelle had at their old house of the BLM land as I thought they had a beautiful view. I don't get it.
    Enlighten me ol' great Havasupians

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I have a view of the dumpster from my Havasu double wide.....
    It makes taking out the trash a snap.....
    I should have bought up wind though.....
    Oh well....
    Live & learn....
    Later,
    CJG
    :idea:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    you need to see my lake view

Havasu_Dreamin
    To each their own.....
    Originally all of the utilities in Havasu were supposed to be underground. The city let the utility company delay doing that for whatever reason with the 'promise' that they wpould do it later on.....Well it's later on and it aint happened yet.....

slowinhavasu
    I have to go on the roof for a view, the built houses in my view....still love it......

voodoomedman
    I didn't pay a premium. We back up to a wash (which is down below so no flooding or erosion problems) so we have a nice desert view and if we go into the backyard we can see pretty much the whole north end of the lake. If it weren't for one house in our way we could see it out the back window. Of course we are a couple miles away as a crow flies so that only constitutes about 3 postage stamps of a view.

Havasu_Dreamin
    You can have the wires put underground on your property...of course then you hope you neighbor does the same...and so on and so on.
    It really isn't a big cost to do
    Fortunately it aint a big deal to me as we do not have a pool yet, meaning I don't spend a ton of time in the backyard. If I want to use a pool I go around the corner and beg Slowie to let the fat white kid in..... :rollside:

voodoomedman
    I have to go on the roof for a view, the built houses in my view....still love it......
    Yep. Need some cash so we can make it an observation deck on top of the patio cover.

uvindex
    You can have the wires put underground on your property...of course then you hope you neighbor does the same...and so on and so on.
    It really isn't a big cost to doThat's just the wires from the pole to your house. Even if everybody in Havasu did that, there'd still be the darn utility poles with the wires going from pole to pole.

76ANTHONY
    To me "most" of the views in Havasu which are considered lake views are very, very ugly. I am talking about all the wires and poles in the view towards the lake. Who wants to look at that shit. It is ugly as hell.
    My home in BHC has a back yard that is considered my view. I purposely bought below a hill so I did not have to put up with any more wind then I had to due to a pool I have. Plus I wanted complete privacy in my back yard.
    Why do you guys pay premium dollars for a location with a "lake view" and you have to look thru all those wires and poles or look at a postage stamp size view? I would much rather have a view like John/Michelle had at their old house of the BLM land as I thought they had a beautiful view. I don't get it.
    Enlighten me ol' great Havasupians
    yeah but bro your backyard is a fricken paradise, i dont think i could look at the lake after seeing that pool and set up you have....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast