Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: motor mount question, urgent!

Bradf
    Hey guys, im mid process here, need a bit of help. I took the nuts off to the mounts that hold the motor to the boat, the bolts still dont come out though, and when i try to turn them they're fairly tight. Is there something i dont know about mounts?
    Here is some pics
    http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/2958/10606293mz.jpg
    http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/4534/10606304qy.jpg

riverbound
    Use a bigger hammer.

Bradf
    Oh, and dont laugh at my hammer, I only use it to vent frustration on the valve covers lol!

Cole1313
    Dont take my advice, but have you tried lifting the motor a red hair and releiving s/p some of the pressure on the bolt?? Once that is done, hit it with a bigger hammer.

Taylorman
    Dumb question but do you have a hoist supporting the weight of the engine. Try raising and lowering the engine a little at a time till you feel the bolts get loose then they should slid right out. Easy with the hammer Tim Taylor. Work smarter not harder.

maxwedge
    Have you tried getting really pissed, yelling a lot of swear words, throwing the hammer across the garage and then just taking a sawzall to the stringer? :crossx:

Squirtin Thunder
    Dont take my advice, but have you tried lifting the motor a red hair and releiving s/p some of the pressure on the bolt?? Once that is done, hit it with a bigger hammer.
    Dumb question but do you have a hoist supporting the weight of the engine. Try raising and lowering the engine a little at a time till you feel the bolts get loose then they should slid right out. Easy with the hammer Tim Taylor. Work smarter not harder.
    If you have a impact gun at the same time as the engine is supported, just hit the bolts, they should break free. Then you can zip them out. No hammers !!!

Moneypitt
    Leave those bolts in and seperate the engine from the elbows instead of the elbows from the stringers. Same deal with relieving pressure, but you won't elongate the holes in the stringer, or scrap off any protection that may have been applied to the stringer holes originally. It can also help in realignment. If you are doing major inside work to the hull, disregard this message..........MP

Squirtin Thunder
    Have you tried getting really pissed, yelling a lot of swear words, throwing the hammer across the garage and then just taking a sawzall to the stringer? :crossx:
    Your Nuts !!!

Cole1313
    If you have a impact gun at the same time as the engine is supported, just hit the bolts, they should break free. Then you can zip them out. No hammers !!!
    What the heck are you talking about. Fiberglass, wood and hammers all go together!! Right, hahahahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast