Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water injected vs dry headers

Fire Water
    Does anybody have any dyno information on comparing water injected headers to dry? All the whitewater race boats are running dry headers. Just curious how much of an increase in horsepower they're getting.

No dyno, but gps'd it back to back several times. No difference in speed. Just a lot louder. It might be different if you have a behemoth mountain of a motor. On 500 hp + a 150 shot it was a big fat goose egg.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I haven't done it but this Q was asked on here maybe 6 mos ago, and the several people who responded with results had no change like Squirtcha had. At least that's my memory of the thread. I followed it some from interest but wasn't looking to go from Thru-Transom to either.

I had asked the same question a while ago because a dude told me the water messes with the exhaust pulses , it's not like your pumpin a ton of water through your over tansomes anyways like you would on through transomes . I cant imagine the mist screwin anything up to where it would be noticeable.
    -beerjet-

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I gain alot more HEAT :crossx: :crossx:

Does anybody have any dyno information on comparing water injected headers to dry? All the whitewater race boats are running dry headers. Just curious how much of an increase in horsepower they're getting.
    also...keep in mind, that with water inj headers, u get less blueing over time!!
    fastrat

dragboat
    I went out last weekend just to get gps information on some changes I made. I found that it actually gained 1.4 mph when I turned the water ON! I was surprised by that so I repeated the run, same result. Mild 454 twisty ceramic coated Rewarders. What does that mean ? Are the tubes to big?..... or do I need MORE ENGINE!

Ken F
    Could just mean that your engine likes a llitte back-pressure.
    Why not try borrowing a set of mufflers & try it that way?
    Ken F

Some Kind Of Monster
    Right,
    Pros to not running water:
    Very slight increase in Hp if at all.
    Louder
    No problems with reversion and sucking water into the motor. Every time I go to the lake someone is about to hydro lock a motor because they are running too much water in their headers. Last time out was no exception. I've done it myself (never will again).
    Cons to not running water:
    Louder
    Hotter
    Headers discolor
    Watch your spark plug wires and transom because they will burn.
    Like I said, I will never run water again unless it's water jacketed or with a banderlog system.

dragboat
    I'm running the bassett "high perf" mufflers? Not the auger style. Im running the water with a gate valve and stainless lines, tired of the spring setup messing up. Went with the swept back twistys to get them further away from the passengers. 4900 rpm bronze agressor a.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast