Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 89 Wayne Mettler Canyon For sale!

superdave013
    V-DRIVE VIDEO:
    I'm sticking to my guns, its o.k. to have your big cushy family boat...but when you feel the need for explosive acceleration, big speed, and sports car handling, nothin beats a big horsepower circle boat (or gurus canyon )! I understand that for some, older age and families can change a guys prioritys, but for the rest of us adrenaline addicts, the rush can't be ignored!! Call it a disease!!! Humm, sounds like when I get the stationwagon done I'll have to square off with Mr Video and see how my cushy boat stacks up in the acceleration dept.

GofastRacer
    LOL, I knew that just raggin on your ass!!..

mi pingue
    What about this old shit! I aint old, Just a puss! behind the wheel of something I aint comfortable with. My family loves this boat and my wife thinks I can drive just fine, she does'nt undestand that driving this boat is alot harder than the trophy truck!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    superdave013:
    Humm, sounds like when I get the stationwagon done I'll have to square off with Mr Video and see how my cushy boat stacks up in the acceleration dept. D [/QB]Thats fine dave, but in my book "Big Red" doesn't qualify has a cushy family boat. Maybe you have another skiff that you refer to as your stationwagon?? Speaking of Big Red, when is the projected unvieling? Red Rock??

Backfire
    I kept a Litchfield runnerbottom around for 8 years after I refurbished my first, and then second v-drive cruiser. It just didn't get any use after that and I wasn't keeping up with the maintenance, so I began to try to sell it for $3850. Three years later, I sold it for $3500 because I refused to go lower and it was essentially turn key, but nowhere near as nice as yours. Truthfully, if you've got the time to lead two seperate boating lives and required maintenance, you should be able to find a 21' cruiser fairly cheap if you are patient.Kurtis500 recently bought a 21 Howard that had languished in the trader for months at $5500. My Lebel 21' cost me a fraction of that (in '98) after a month in the Recycler. If you'd still use the flat, JUST REFUSE TO SELL CHEAP!

BILLY.B
    Matt I'll call the dad today and get the ph# again. if you get a chance call me at the shop, 909-982-8555.
    [ June 26, 2003, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: BILLY.B ]

SteveGB
    Personally, I'd hold onto the boat, save up for a family ride, or hold out for a better offer.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678