Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need recomendations for a shop

That can R&R the 460 in the Advantage. I need some glass work done, and the engine's probably going to have to come out. I need a shop I can take it to, have them pull the engine (in a timely manner), and arrange to send the boat to TRG. I don't want to be a project manager on this repair like I was on the last. Just get it done, and get it back to me. In the Anaheim or Corona areas would be best.

flat broke
    Papp is closest to you, and I think he has a working relationship with Todd.
    For that matter, I think Todd's facility is near concept marine. I'd say call Todd and see what he says.
    I'm kinda surprised that you aren't pulling the mill yourself and storing it at the house while the boat gets the repairs done.
    Chris

This is the second time this year I've had to deal with accidents. The first time was what I was referring to as being "a project manager", and to be honest, since I wasn't responsible for the damage, I don't feel like taking the time to R&R the engine. I equate it to a collision in your car.... if someone hits you, why would you pull your own engine so they can pull the frame? There must be a shop that can do this from beginning to end without me having to get involved in the process. If it were a race boat I would probably do it, but the Advantage is just a relatively stock family boat, and I already have another boat in the driveway.
    I'll see Todd this weekend, and see what options we have... just trying to find a shop to get this done as efficiently as possible.

Maybe you already tried this before but like Flat Broke stated I would just have Papp pull the engine store it at his shop and then have Todd keep the boat at his shop until finished. Then have Papp reinstall the engine. I would show up on a Saturday everyone is there working on their boats anyways.

flat broke
    Mike,
    I think I understand better now. Is this an insurance type deal where you want a single point of contact for the ins. comapny? Call Papp, or GS and they can get you handled. Have them pull the motor, then Todd as the "freelance" fiberglass guy that does work for whoever you take it to, gives his quote for the glass repair to Tom or Greg who in turn deals with the ins company.
    Chris

It's not insurance, just an out of pocket repair for someone else. I want Todd to do the glass and gelcoat repair, but he doesn't have the facilities to pull the engine, so another shop will probably need to. As it is, I'll have to take it to the upholsterer after the hull is repaired, so I'm just trying to keep this from being a hands on deal as much as possible.

Hustler
    It's not insurance, just an out of pocket repair for someone else. I want Todd to do the glass and gelcoat repair, but he doesn't have the facilities to pull the engine, so another shop will probably need to. As it is, I'll have to take it to the upholsterer after the hull is repaired, so I'm just trying to keep this from being a hands on deal as much as possible.
    Send it to Tom Papps. He can also take care of getting the upholstry done for you. Tom will take of you and like Chris said him and Todd have a pretty good working relationship.

Mike, I spoke to Tom as well as John Cogan (Concept Marine) today about your situation, they boat are eager to help you out!
    You make the call!
    Concept- 909-447-4455
    TPR-951-734-4606
    I will get together with you probably sat. sometime!...as long as there is a Frosty in it for me and the Mrs.! :rollside:
    Todd

BILLY.B
    as long as there is a Frosty in it for me and the Mrs.! :rollside:
    Todd I think you have a problem Chief!!!!

Mike, I spoke to Tom as well as John Cogan (Concept Marine) today about your situation, they boat are eager to help you out!
    You make the call!
    Concept- 909-447-4455
    TPR-951-734-4606
    I will get together with you probably sat. sometime!...as long as there is a Frosty in it for me and the Mrs.! :rollside:
    Todd
    Concept may be the way to go.... close to you so there's no delay towing the boat around from shop to shop. I can handle the upholstery repair since I'll be sending the Stevens to the same shop for a new interior. Pretty sad when you get quantity discounts at marine upholstery places.........
    There's always a frosty one waiting for you guys at the shack. If you guys are bored at Avi Friday night, we'll be at the shack by midnight. Since the water won't be up 'till later, there's no reason to sleep during prime partying time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast