Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: The Dangerous Women of ***boat

ratso
    It's really got me to thinking, and I won't spend much time on the "gun" part of it... I already posted my thoughts, and although Froggystyle might seem "overboard" on his thoughts, I do in the most part agree. I've known too many people accidentally shot and/or killed, one as recent as about 3 months ago. It was just a freak accident, and they do occur no matter how careful you think you might be. I've had a close call myself and I am lucky to be alive... damn lucky. I like guns, but I freak when people start passing them around and handling them, which can apply to anyone inexperienced about anything (see my jetski thread)?
    Maybe I, like Froggy take too many precautions when it comes to people doing "stupid" things, which is what this thread is about... not so much the gun issue since there is already a thread on that. I see more of it when people drink, and they go into dumbass mode, especially the ones that get all loud in a bar and want to fight... idiots.
    I know people that drink, friends of mine, and first thing they do is get behind the wheel and think they need to drive a hundred miles an hour... and eventually it will bite them in the ass, and they will get a DWI, kill theirselves, or kill someone else... plain f#ckin' stupid.
    I freak when we are at get-togethers, beer is there, and 4 wheelers are there... and every idiot wants to get on them and go 90 to nothin'... do donuts, and just get plain stupid. My 4th ex wife was one of those types, couldn't tell her a damn thing. She takes off with a friend, and half an hour later we go looking for them, flipped the 4 wheeler... she is bruised up and her friend has a dislocated ankle and compound fracture to her leg... nice one. A couple of other guys I used to race with let their wives ride one night... faster and faster, and they hit a good sized bump and the 4 wheeler flipped, naturally going wide open... one was in a coma for a few days, the other is in a wheelchair.
    What other stupid things do you see people do? What do you take offense to people doing? Maybe this could be an entertaining thread... maybe not.
    If you are ever around a few things like this and see the f#ckups, you might understand where Froggy is coming from. You wanna pose with a gun, go to WalMart and buy a plastic one... heck, get really bold and buy a Lone Ranger Mask to go with it.

Howie Feltersnatch
    My 4th ex wife :skull:

ratso
    My 4th ex wife :skull:
    I won't even start on the 5th... anyway, this thread isn't about stupid things I'VE done... :idea:

wsuwrhr
    I think that is why the thread started taking off on it's own.
    Another thread is going on about something similar, with the same results, due to the same reasons.
    In my opinon, alot of people, due to experience, getting lucky, seeing shit happen or whatever, definitely have more repect for "shit happens" than those who have a casual approach to a given situation.
    I unfortunately have done it, seen it, or been involved in it. It has taken more than luck to get me as far as I have gotten, so far.
    Although, I have had the unfavorable experience to bury a few friends that weren't able to learn from their mistakes.
    Brian
    It's really got me to thinking, and I won't spend much time on the "gun" part of it... I already posted my thoughts, and although Froggystyle might seem "overboard" on his thoughts, I do in the most part agree. I've known too many people accidentally shot and/or killed, one as recent as about 3 months ago. It was just a freak accident, and they do occur no matter how careful you think you might be. I've had a close call myself and I am lucky to be alive... damn lucky. I like guns, but I freak when people start passing them around and handling them, which can apply to anyone inexperienced about anything (see my jetski thread)?
    Maybe I, like Froggy take too many precautions when it comes to people doing "stupid" things, which is what this thread is about... not so much the gun issue since there is already a thread on that. I see more of it when people drink, and they go into dumbass mode, especially the ones that get all loud in a bar and want to fight... idiots.
    I know people that drink, friends of mine, and first thing they do is get behind the wheel and think they need to drive a hundred miles an hour... and eventually it will bite them in the ass, and they will get a DWI, kill theirselves, or kill someone else... plain f#ckin' stupid.
    I freak when we are at get-togethers, beer is there, and 4 wheelers are there... and every idiot wants to get on them and go 90 to nothin'... do donuts, and just get plain stupid. My 4th ex wife was one of those types, couldn't tell her a damn thing. She takes off with a friend, and half an hour later we go looking for them, flipped the 4 wheeler... she is bruised up and her friend has a dislocated ankle and compound fracture to her leg... nice one. A couple of other guys I used to race with let their wives ride one night... faster and faster, and they hit a good sized bump and the 4 wheeler flipped, naturally going wide open... one was in a coma for a few days, the other is in a wheelchair.
    What other stupid things do you see people do? What do you take offense to people doing? Maybe this could be an entertaining thread... maybe not.
    If you are ever around a few things like this and see the f#ckups, you might understand where Froggy is coming from. You wanna pose with a gun, go to WalMart and buy a plastic one... heck, get really bold and buy a Lone Ranger Mask to go with it.

Devil's Advocate
    What other stupid things do you see people do? ...
    Start another thread like this.. :crossx:
    The little :devil: made me do it.

Ziggy
    Stupid is---Stupid does. Pretty simple if you think about it.
    Add alcohol and it becomes: Stupider is---Stupider does.

Devil's Advocate
    Stupid is---Stupid does. Pretty simple if you think about it.
    Add alcohol and it becomes: Stupider is---Stupider does.
    I thought you just added an "er".

Froggystyle
    I didn't get on that thread to soapbox it up, but once the can got opened up, I didn't feel that it was appropriate to just say "whatever... hot chicks can do whatever they want to I guess".
    As with the river, I think that if we are going to improve our situation with regard to overcrowded waterways, immigration, gasoline prices, terrorism or gun safety, I think it is important to impart the "right way" on anyone we can... especially if we know the right way.
    I have been the asshole that got out of someones boat who didn't know how to drive. It was their first boat, and they refused to drive on the correct side of the river. "That side is shallow, so I drive up this side". No amount of explanation seemed to work so we got out and didn't get back in. I was going to catch a ride home when the guy, a great friend of mine came back over and asked what he is supposed to do if the river was shallow on the correct side. You wait for traffic, and go when it is safe.
    The chicks are the ones getting the bad end of the stick on this one. I think that everything was fine and safe right up until the dumb posing pic. I thought Miguel would be able to train better, but like he said, they were just out having a good time. It was the happy snap that put it over the edge, and the person trying to defend it sounds like a 12 year old.
    I see stupid things all day though. I don't go to Glamis because it seems like non-stop dumb things. I can only assume that they have never seen horrific accidents, or heard of mechanical failures.
    That is the biggest thing for me. People acting like the gear will never fail. "I am going to haul ass and point my boat towards shore, stand on the reverse and stop right at the beach." That guy, in 1984 in front of me at Lake New Hogan Reservoir found out that every now and then, reverse buckets blow right off for no reason and you rocket your boat 150 feet up the beach and nearly kill your whole party. Same thing on quads, same thing on motorcycles.
    I go riding regularly on streetbikes. By riding, I mean "getting after it on twisty roads". I wear full gear, have a racing background and have premium bikes. And, I ride comparatively slow on the street. These same guys, usually first year riders who are indestructable end up putting the bike over a cliff or down in a corner. My favorite is blaming it on the sand. Hot tip... corners have sand in them. Ride accordingly. People who have ridden for years know this. People who have nearly gone down in corners because of sand know this. People who buy their first streetbike and make it an R6 and then go for club rides with Ricky Racers don't know this. They go down, and blame the sand.
    I think it comes down to experience, and the willingness to listen to good advice. If you won't listen to good advice from credible sources... you are likely going to get burned. Conversely, credible sources need to give more good advice.
    All of that being said, I always see my concerns for safety brought up by other hot boaters. I might not voice my concern over the 130mph run with no lifejackets... but someone always does. Videos of people hauling ass around Site 6, ripping past RoadRunner or generally unsafe driving are fortunately pretty well frowned upon around here. Stupid operation is not respected or rewarded here. Nobody cares how many times you "did a spinner" on your jet ski.
    Which brings me up to my biggest pet-peeve of all with regard to boating. People who sit there and heckle at the launch ramp instead of helping. A less productive, more hurtfull thing to do to our sport I can't imagine. What a juvenile act. Just one weekend, why don't you all spend that time helping people get on and off the ramp better? Why don't you quickly assist some new boaters trying to load their boats? You will be heroes. Instead, you are parasitic, and a terrible image to portray to new boaters. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
    Soapbox over with. I am going to go drink a Margarita and play GP on X-box.

Devil's Advocate
    I didn't get on that thread to soapbox it up, but once the can got opened up, I didn't feel that it was appropriate to just say "whatever... hot chicks can do whatever they want to I guess".
    As with the river, I think that if we are going to improve our situation with regard to overcrowded waterways, immigration, gasoline prices, terrorism or gun safety, I think it is important to impart the "right way" on anyone we can... especially if we know the right way.
    I have been the asshole that got out of someones boat who didn't know how to drive. It was their first boat, and they refused to drive on the correct side of the river. "That side is shallow, so I drive up this side". No amount of explanation seemed to work so we got out and didn't get back in. I was going to catch a ride home when the guy, a great friend of mine came back over and asked what he is supposed to do if the river was shallow on the correct side. You wait for traffic, and go when it is safe.
    The chicks are the ones getting the bad end of the stick on this one. I think that everything was fine and safe right up until the dumb posing pic. I thought Miguel would be able to train better, but like he said, they were just out having a good time. It was the happy snap that put it over the edge, and the person trying to defend it sounds like a 12 year old.
    I see stupid things all day though. I don't go to Glamis because it seems like non-stop dumb things. I can only assume that they have never seen horrific accidents, or heard of mechanical failures.
    That is the biggest thing for me. People acting like the gear will never fail. "I am going to haul ass and point my boat towards shore, stand on the reverse and stop right at the beach." That guy, in 1984 in front of me at Lake New Hogan Reservoir found out that every now and then, reverse buckets blow right off for no reason and you rocket your boat 150 feet up the beach and nearly kill your whole party. Same thing on quads, same thing on motorcycles.
    I go riding regularly on streetbikes. By riding, I mean "getting after it on twisty roads". I wear full gear, have a racing background and have premium bikes. And, I ride comparatively slow on the street. These same guys, usually first year riders who are indestructable end up putting the bike over a cliff or down in a corner. My favorite is blaming it on the sand. Hot tip... corners have sand in them. Ride accordingly. People who have ridden for years know this. People who have nearly gone down in corners because of sand know this. People who buy their first streetbike and make it an R6 and then go for club rides with Ricky Racers don't know this. They go down, and blame the sand.
    I think it comes down to experience, and the willingness to listen to good advice. If you won't listen to good advice from credible sources... you are likely going to get burned. Conversely, credible sources need to give more good advice.
    All of that being said, I always see my concerns for safety brought up by other hot boaters. I might not voice my concern over the 130mph run with no lifejackets... but someone always does. Videos of people hauling ass around Site 6, ripping past RoadRunner or generally unsafe driving are fortunately pretty well frowned upon around here. Stupid operation is not respected or rewarded here. Nobody cares how many times you "did a spinner" on your jet ski.
    Which brings me up to my biggest pet-peeve of all with regard to boating. People who sit there and heckle at the launch ramp instead of helping. A less productive, more hurtfull thing to do to our sport I can't imagine. What a juvenile act. Just one weekend, why don't you all spend that time helping people get on and off the ramp better? Why don't you quickly assist some new boaters trying to load their boats? You will be heroes. Instead, you are parasitic, and a terrible image to portray to new boaters. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
    Soapbox over with. I am going to go drink a Margarita and play GP on X-box.
    Holly shit, how do you type that fast? Ok, I'll have to go back and read the essay now..

Boatcop
    I don't think the pictures were simply for "posing". It looked to me that they were actually firing them.
    Any responsible gun owner should make sure everyone (of suitable age) in the household is familiar with the firearms they own. It diminishes the curiosity factor, and gives them the proper respect for the weapon. Not only that, but when and if it's needed, they will know how to use it. Kilr knows that, and is doing the right thing teaching her to shoot.
    If Mrs. Kilr wants to learn to shoot the right way, the only one who should be concerned is someone who tries to get in the house.
    And, of course, Kilr. :crossx:

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast