It's really got me to thinking, and I won't spend much time on the "gun" part of it... I already posted my thoughts, and although Froggystyle might seem "overboard" on his thoughts, I do in the most part agree. I've known too many people accidentally shot and/or killed, one as recent as about 3 months ago. It was just a freak accident, and they do occur no matter how careful you think you might be. I've had a close call myself and I am lucky to be alive... damn lucky. I like guns, but I freak when people start passing them around and handling them, which can apply to anyone inexperienced about anything (see my jetski thread)?
Maybe I, like Froggy take too many precautions when it comes to people doing "stupid" things, which is what this thread is about... not so much the gun issue since there is already a thread on that. I see more of it when people drink, and they go into dumbass mode, especially the ones that get all loud in a bar and want to fight... idiots.
I know people that drink, friends of mine, and first thing they do is get behind the wheel and think they need to drive a hundred miles an hour... and eventually it will bite them in the ass, and they will get a DWI, kill theirselves, or kill someone else... plain f#ckin' stupid.
I freak when we are at get-togethers, beer is there, and 4 wheelers are there... and every idiot wants to get on them and go 90 to nothin'... do donuts, and just get plain stupid. My 4th ex wife was one of those types, couldn't tell her a damn thing. She takes off with a friend, and half an hour later we go looking for them, flipped the 4 wheeler... she is bruised up and her friend has a dislocated ankle and compound fracture to her leg... nice one. A couple of other guys I used to race with let their wives ride one night... faster and faster, and they hit a good sized bump and the 4 wheeler flipped, naturally going wide open... one was in a coma for a few days, the other is in a wheelchair.
What other stupid things do you see people do? What do you take offense to people doing? Maybe this could be an entertaining thread... maybe not.
If you are ever around a few things like this and see the f#ckups, you might understand where Froggy is coming from. You wanna pose with a gun, go to WalMart and buy a plastic one... heck, get really bold and buy a Lone Ranger Mask to go with it.