Thread: fuel pressure

EMCAM
    just put a small blower on my boat with a matched dominator carb what volume of pump do i need to run . I am running 7 lbs in it now but dont know the volume and i run out of fuel after 5700 rpm . 502 , 671 billet blowershop blower dominator carb.

ghittner
    Always best to run a pump that has lot's more volume than you may use. 7 pds is good pressure you probably want at least 5 and as much as 8-9. This is at W.O.T. A good way to calculate possible fuel requirement is 10 gallons per hour for every 100 HP. This will keep you in plenty of fuel. Carter makes a great mechanical race pump for BB and SB's. Not very expensive race pump that requires no regulator. It mounts and plumbs like a stock pump with oversized inlet and outlets. I've been using it all season @ 800++ HP with great results a consistant7-9 Pds. Below is Summits page for the pump's.
    http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...9&autoview=sku

VDRIVERACING
    just put a small blower on my boat with a matched dominator carb what volume of pump do i need to run . I am running 7 lbs in it now but dont know the volume and i run out of fuel after 5700 rpm . 502 , 671 billet blowershop blower dominator carb.
    Key factor is fuel "supply". The worst thing to do is starve a blower. I suggest a System 1 inline fuel filter, not a canister/spin on. Next, use ample size lines. I use #10 from each tank to a Magnafuel Y #12 to pump, and #12 line to regulator. The Edlebrock race pump has 1/2" inlet and outlet, where most pumps have 3/8" ports. A magnaflow four port, or two port(if you have a single carb) will keep that race pump in check and can handle a rough ride.I also suggest you use swept mandrel bent elbows rather than 90 degree cast fittings. #6 or #8 lines from the regulator to the carb(s) will finish it off.

78DiMarco
    I'm in the middle of buliding a new twin turbo motor. I was considering the Race Pump (www.racepumps.com) as it looks to be efficiant and has plenty of fuel pressure and volume. Has anyone used this pump and have any info on how it worked for your application?
    I'm also looking for a presure regulator as I want to have a boost reference fuel delivery system. The motor is a 509ci that will boost up to about 15 pounds + -. I have adjustable varialble boost waste gates and the motor will be around 1000 HP. Any reccomendations on a boost referenced regulator or fuel delivery system?

ghittner
    Isn't this EMCAMS thread?

78DiMarco
    Yes but I was just adding some info on a fuel pump I was considering. Is there something wrong with that? It is the same subject matter.