Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Employer Queston....

NOTALENT
    Say I was 2 give my 2 week notice and leave on a good note. My employer decides to fire me on the spot. Do I still get paid for those 2 week's as well as my vacation and bonus for that month??? Or are they able to just fire you???

Ziggy
    Say I was 2 give my 2 week notice and leave on a good note. My employer decides to fire me on the spot. Do I still get paid for those 2 week's as well as my vacation and bonus for that month??? Or are they able to just fire you???
    Are they an "At will" employer?

Havasu Hangin'
    No (unless you have a contract that states differently).
    Accued vacation is owed in any case.

mondorally
    My understanding is that they can fire you without paying any future pay (the two weeks in your notice). They do however, I believe, owe you any accrued vacation and any bonuses that were already earned.
    Justin

NOTALENT
    Are they an "At will" employer?
    sorry I havent heard that before...??? Big comany...ATK Engines..Right now A co worker and I are really butting heads with the New manager...She is getting the worse end and was thinking about doing this. The new manager is a complete moron. Unwilling to do his job. I could go on for days about the situation.

Havasu Hangin'
    All Cali employees are "at will" unless you signed a contract when you got hired.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    At-will means they can fire you at anytime with or without cause.

Ziggy
    sorry I havent heard that before...??? Big comany...ATK Engines..Right now A co worker and I are really butting heads with the New manager...She is getting the worse end and was thinking about doing this. The new manager is a complete moron. Unwilling to do his job. I could go on for days about the situation.
    Basically means they can fire without cause.....
    You should get any accrued Vac. pay.

HOSS
    I don`t pay jack. Vacation and sick days. What the hell is that?
    Don`t ask what your employer can do for you! Ask what can you do for your employer!

NOTALENT
    Thanks alot guys...thats pretty much what I needed to know...Fortunatley, her husband makes enough to support her and get her out of this situation....Im stuck a bit longer!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast