Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Employer Queston....

AZKC
    Hard to have a case of wrongful termination in an "At Will" employment state. We are a "right to work" state here in AZ. When I managed I almost always terminated the employee when they turned in their resignation notice, they wouldn't be productive anyway.

NOTALENT
    Good Point AZKC....
    Now she just approached me saying she wouldnt doubt it if she got her walking papers this pay period...I guess our HR girl is being quiet about things now...

Tom Brown
    The 2-weeks notice is only a nice thing to do.
    ... and hardly necessary in this case, considering the employer went to the Boyd Coddington school of human resource management.

Tom Brown
    Gee Hoss.....we want to come and work for you......you can drink on the job......like you do....right?... :rollside:
    He prefers his employees go with a payote tuck.

ROZ
    You are not owed your accrued sick/discretionary time.
    Like the others said, vacation time up until you're termed or fired and bonuses are what they have to grant you.
    It sounds as if the way to screw the boss is to use all sick time then quit on her target date.... I know that's how the post office peeps do it...lol... Turns out my mom has almost 9 months of sick/vacation pay... She subtracts those days from her retirement date so she can leave early

NOTALENT
    You are not owed your accrued sick/discretionary time.
    Like the others said, vacation time up until you're termed or fired and bonuses are what they have to grant you.
    It sounds as if the way to screw the boss is to use all sick time then quit on her target date.... I know that's how the post office peeps do it...lol... Turns out my mom has almost 9 months of sick/vacation pay... She subtracts those days from her retirement date so she can leave early
    haha..damn...9 months....thats insane!! Our vacation/sick pay is combined in one.

chub
    haha..damn...9 months....thats insane!! Our vacation/sick pay is combined in one.
    Should've negotiated a getter contract.

riverroyal
    have another job lined up yet?Just screw around all day,get laid off and collect unemployment,thats what most people do isnt it

ROZ
    have another job lined up yet?Just screw around all day,get laid off and collect unemployment,thats what most people do isnt it
    And how has this strategy worked for you, Mr. Mom?

NOTALENT
    I will never collect unemployment unless it was a must. Or summer... :crossx:
    I have had a few offers, but I havent even considered them. As of today I am going to post a resume on monster and start searching as well. I never thought it was going to get to this point...our warranty dept. warned me, but I didnt think of it being this bad...They moved him to sales because he couldnt hack it. He has been here with the company since the begining so they dont want to fire him....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast