Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Employer Queston....

riverroyal
    And how has this strategy worked for you, Mr. Mom?
    but Ive had many guys start dragging their feet on me,wanting a lay off.I make them sweep,all day.Ive only worked for 2 companies in 16 years,the 1st company left the state.I never quit.But im thinking about it next week after I go back :rollside:

Cole Trickle
    Like stated above they can terminate you as soon as you give notice and not pay you for those 2 weeks.(I have seen this numerous times in the aftermarket industry.You decide your leaving and they want you gone before you can steal product,ideas,etc...)
    If it were me and she had personal/vacation days I would use them before she quits.They only have to pay vacation so those days will go to waste.
    Maybe Linda can go into greater detail but a couple years back I had a job that was going to end up cutting back on commisions so I took several days off before I left and they couldn't do anything about it because no Dr. Notes are required if you are gone 2 days or less.

hoolign
    I quit...
    Hey.. a job opening ..I'll start next thursday Hoss ! Whenever I get up i'll call ya to pick me up, and buy me lunch.... my first day!WAHHOOOO Then I'll need Friday off!!! and a cash advance for the next week! Cool ..this is gonna work out great!!

Boatcop
    Should've negotiated a getter contract.
    Is that something Larry the Cable Guy would do?
    You know...Getter Done!
    There should be some kind of written policy (Employee handbook??) that covers notice, termination, etc. If there is, that should cover this.
    If you quit, they have until the next regularly scheduled pay-day to give you your final check (including accrued vacation). If they fire you, they have 3 working days (72 hours) to settle.

blackcloud75
    Say I was 2 give my 2 week notice and leave on a good note. My employer decides to fire me on the spot. Do I still get paid for those 2 week's as well as my vacation and bonus for that month??? Or are they able to just fire you???
    If you decide to quit......burn the vacation first just in case you get
    "triggered"

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Is that something Larry the Cable Guy would do?
    You know...Getter Done!
    There should be some kind of written policy (Employee handbook??) that covers notice, termination, etc. If there is, that should cover this.
    If you quit, they have until the next regularly scheduled pay-day to give you your final check (including accrued vacation). If they fire you, they have 3 working days (72 hours) to settle.
    Nope, in California if you are fired they must give you your final paycheck immediately, if you quit, they have 72 hours. :boxed:

submakr
    As an empolyer in Cali, I am always amazed at how the employee thinks they are one step ahead of the employer. If you have talked to anybody at your work about this you can bet your employer already knows too. There is always a leaker!! Be careful, your employer may already have plans for you.
    Yes Cali is an "at will" state. You can quit or be terminated at any time without just cause unless you are covered by a contract or collective bargaining agreement.
    Good luck!!

Woodster
    I used to work at Circuit City doing car stereo install a long time ago.. I gave them my 2 week notice and they let me go that day and paid me for my 2 weeks. It was my understanding back then, they had to let you work the 2 weeks or compensate you if they chose to let you go. Maybe the laws have changed?

riverroyal
    Nope, in California if you are fired they must give you your final paycheck immediately, if you quit, they have 72 hours. :boxed:
    Ive made a few fast trips to our office to get a few checks,before the Axe fell

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234