Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hughes vs gsp

axkiker
    So who all was watching the ultimate fighter last night. I have to say that I am a total GSP fan now. I cant believe how cocky and arrogant hughes is. Its one thing to act stupid around friends, but acting like an ass on tv. Give me a break.
    Half of making it big in that sport is having a fan base and being liked by the crowd. Look at forest griffith. lost against tito 2 times in a row however everyone still loves him and wants to see him fight again. You stand alot better chance getting fights when the promoters know fans want to see you fight. Fans = more $ spent on pay per view. No fans = no $

x7734x
    I have always been a GSP fan and have not had much respect for how Matt Hughes treats people and how disrespectful he was when it came to fighting the man that made the UFC what it is today Royce Gracie.
    GSP will submitt Matt without a doubt when they fight this next time.

Arkansas
    I agree also...Hughs comes off like an arrogant ass....dont like him at all. He and Sylvia are lifetime members of the "Goob Squad" imo. Hope GSP woops his ass.

axkiker
    hasnt gsp beated hughes before. what is their record or am i totally wrong

Thorsinc
    So who all was watching the ultimate fighter last night. I have to say that I am a total GSP fan now. I cant believe how cocky and arrogant hughes is. Its one thing to act stupid around friends, but acting like an ass on tv. Give me a break.
    Half of making it big in that sport is having a fan base and being liked by the crowd. Look at forest griffith. lost against tito 2 times in a row however everyone still loves him and wants to see him fight again. You stand alot better chance getting fights when the promoters know fans want to see you fight. Fans = more $ spent on pay per view. No fans = no $
    I’d have to disagree with you no fan no money. It may hurt a little on the endorsements. The more controversy the fight them more people will want to see him get his a s s beat, the more pay-per-view tickets are sold. And with as many fights that are going on within the UFC to keep tickets sales up I think we are going to see a lot more arrogant, and more controversy between fighters. I just don’t want to see it turn into the WWF. I really think Hughes got in his head last night. He showed himself as the Alfa male. And if Mr. Pierre for a second doubts himself it could be within that second he looses the fight. When two fighters are this evenly matched is going to come down to conditioning and mental strength. Forest I thought only fought Tito 1 time. But I could be wrong?

Garrddogg
    hasnt gsp beated hughes before. what is their record or am i totally wrong
    no he hasnt (not yet)
    GSP is going to make a great champion!!

Garrddogg
    I’d have to disagree with you no fan no money. It may hurt a little on the endorsements. The more controversy the fight them more people will want to see him get his a s s beat, the more pay-per-view tickets are sold. And with as many fights that are going on within the UFC to keep tickets sales up I think we are going to see a lot more arrogant, and more controversy between fighters. I just don’t want to see it turn into the WWF. I really think Hughes got in his head last night. He showed himself as the Alfa male. And if Mr. Pierre for a second doubts himself it could be within that second he looses the fight. When two fighters are this evenly matched is going to come down to conditioning and mental strength. Forest I thought only fought Tito 1 time. But I could be wrong?
    This show was taped a couple months ago, so this show was before they were going to fight,before gsp hurt his hand,so about the time this was taped it was all about gettin in gsps head(and he did) then gsps hand thing and bj fought in his place last month and gsp got up in the ring after the fight and said he wasnt impressed with matts performance..(that was his shot back and it pissed matt off good!)

Thorsinc
    This show was taped a couple months ago, so this show was before they were going to fight,before gsp hurt his hand,so about the time this was taped it was all about gettin in gsps head(and he did) then gsps hand thing and bj fought in his place last month and gsp got up in the ring after the fight and said he wasnt impressed with matts performance..(that was his shot back and it pissed matt off good!)
    And more people saw that - than Spike last night. I think that GSP is the only fighter in Matt class that can take his belt, but it’s not going to be a cake walk.

axkiker
    I dunno about this whole getting into someones head thing. Ive boxed, kick boxed, and been in martial arts for years. I competed at a national level for years. Does this mean im a bad ass. (NO) It means I had way too much free time on my hands and ended up getting kicked in the face way too many times for nothing. Now I have never competed in a MMA event nore do i desire too.
    My point is there were always lots of people that always wanted to run their mouths about how bad they were etc. They always has something smart to say and loved to trash talk while fighting. In the end it really just made me more determined to mess them up. I would train longer and fight harder to beat thoes type people. I can honestly say that the trash talkers and arragont pricks usually always ended up getting beat by the quiet guy minding his own business. How does the saying go. "be weary of a man who has alot of free time on his hands"
    anyways thats my expereince. Go GSP!!!!

UltraClean
    He might pull it off if Matt forgets to have his "country breakfast"...lol what a gay ass commercial!!....saw him in person at a restraunt..a waitress came up to him and called him a celeb...he said "im not a celeb im an athlete!" ya just a bit on the cocky side :yuk:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast