Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW, Cat insurance cheaper than I would have imagined.

beaverretriever
    As many of you know, I just purchased a new boat this yr but Im always looking and want to go to a tunnel in the next 2 seasons.
    I checked with my current insurance company and they said for a 26 cat ( gave them the name of a few models) with 450-550hp, it was only 800.00 a yr with no layup. I figured 75-95,000.00 full replacement as well. I was sure it would be 3000.00 a yr like many people were saying on here.
    Just thought I would share.

Goad
    thats cheaper then what I was paying for my 1979 48hp 1.5L diesel vw rabbit last year....the car was only valued at 1,000....and that was the minimum coverage required by the state of california.
    thats a great deal.

beaverretriever
    thats cheaper then what I was paying for my 1979 48hp 1.5L diesel vw rabbit last year....the car was only valued at 1,000....and that was the minimum coverage required by the state of california.
    thats a great deal.
    Im not sure why its so cheap. Maybe because its NV. Car insurance here is just as much or more than Cali though. We have the worst drivers EVER!

OutCole'd
    Im not sure why its so cheap. Maybe because its NV. Car insurance here is just as much or more than Cali though. We have the worst drivers EVER!
    Aint that the truth!!

Restless22
    What company is it through?

beaverretriever
    What company is it through?
    American Family. I have 2 vehicles and 2 homes with them. Lucky for me, my company lets me ride a Harley for free and pays the insurance.

YeLLowBoaT
    Can't be worse then the drivers in medesto... I recently did some work for a family freind there. no bs from the light at the end of the off ramp to the other side of the over pass, I saw 2 wrecks happen in less then 30 sec and I could have written atlast 10 tickets for running red lights.( the red light came had about 20 secs of strait flashes) And this was on a sat at about 10 am, I would hate to think what "rush hour" would look like. I don't even want to tell you how bad it was driving the 4 miles to get to there house ont he surface streets.

havaduner
    John, Dont want to rain on your parade, but,,,,,,,,
    I doubt you'll get them to actually write that policy when an underwriter gets ahold of it., especially if you go over the magic number of 500 hp.

blender over
    I just bought a cat and got insurance through state farm, 26ft carrera 2002 with a 496mag, $475.00 year no layup, insured for 50k

beaverretriever
    John, Dont want to rain on your parade, but,,,,,,,,
    I doubt you'll get them to actually write that policy when an underwriter gets ahold of it., especially if you go over the magic number of 500 hp.
    I narrowed it down to a 26' Cobra like yours with either the 496ho, or the 525, and she said the 496ho would be 798.60 and the 525 would be quite more. The # she gave me for the 496 is correct and wouldnt change. Who knows though.
    Funny, that you replied to this thread. Since I saw your boat all I can think about is a cat. I love your boat but I dont think I can swing the cost with the Teague that you have.
    What does the 26' 260 Venom with a 496ho start at cost wise?
    I sure like that new 26 ULTRA as well, that thing is sick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast