Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMV help

marty722
    I have a question, I have a chance to purchase a 07 Rhino for a pretty good price. My question is its a vegas dealer and I live in Ca. How would I go about it with the DMV to get it reg in Ca? Also Would I be required to pay sales tax here in ca? Anyone that has done this please give me any info you can to make this easy... Thanks Marty

GoCiggie31
    i purchased a boat in texas and when I registered here in calif at my local DMV, that is where I paid the ca sls tax

JetBoatRich
    contact DMVQUEEN on the boards, she maybe able to help

raff
    Ya what he said. I talked to her today she is just to busy to get on at work.
    we will get it on when she gets home. :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
    Ya what he said. I talked to her to she is just to busy to get on at work.
    I'll get ON HER when she gets home.
    Atta Boy Mark

DMVQUEEN
    I have a question, I have a chance to purchase a 07 Rhino for a pretty good price. My question is its a vegas dealer and I live in Ca. How would I go about it with the DMV to get it reg in Ca? Also Would I be required to pay sales tax here in ca? Anyone that has done this please give me any info you can to make this easy... Thanks Marty
    If you purchase it in Nevada, there is a form you get from the dealer that you "took delivery" of this out of the state of California. Plus, find out if the Nevada dealer will be collecting Nevada Sales Tax (if they have any, I don't know if they do). If they do have sales tax, and he sells it to you in Nevada, then he should charge you their sales tax rate.
    When you get here to California, you will need the following docs....
    MSO (Mfg State of Origin, like a title, or a Nevada Title) the document certifying that you took delivery out of state, a California Verification and a bill of sale from the Dealer claiming how much sales tax he collected.
    When you register here, California DMV will only charge you the difference between Nevada sales tax and California sales tax (8.25%)
    I also believe that this is considered an "off road vehicle" here in California, meaning that you can get a title, but you might only get an off road sticker, not street legal. Unless it's got turn signals, windshield, etc....
    Don't take this to Triple A, they probably will not do it.
    I'm also a Licensed Registration Service here in California, if you need anything, call me at my office (818) 892-4335
    Ask for Sara
    Hope this helps, sorry if it's long winded.
    Sara out

marty722
    Thank you sara for the info. If I get this can you do all of this or will I still need to go to DMV.

DMVQUEEN
    Thank you sara for the info. If I get this can you do all of this or will I still need to go to DMV.
    It's up to you, if you like to put yourself through HELL :220v: or be punished by the DMV you can go, but, like I said, I can do anything at the DMV for a feeeeeee $$$$$$$
    Call me tomorrow at the office if you have anymore questions, and I will quote you the price for registering.
    Sara out

It's up to you, if you like to put yourself through HELL :220v: or be punished by the DMV you can go, but, like I said, I can do anything at the DMV for a feeeeeee $$$$$$$
    Call me tomorrow at the office if you have anymore questions, and I will quote you the price for registering.
    Sara out
    My new best friend. AWWWW!

spectratoad
    Sales tax up here in Reno is %7.375. I think Vegas is a little higher. Probably doesn't matter where you pick it up since no matter what you will be paying up to the amount that California will extort from you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast