Thread: flooding??

wright on
    At the end of the day engine always seems to not want to start, I end up paddling do the dock. I am running a B and M blower and 2 holley carbs. It starts fine in the moring runs good all day. then it sits for a bit and doensnt fire up. its has two fuel pumps. the high volumn one i only run when I run it hard. I have to pull the motor due to an oil leak somewhere around the front oil pan. and i might as well go through engine and get everything right. any suggestion.??

Could be needle and seat not seating properly... Had the same problem before... FWIW...
    Steve

Badburn
    If you think its flooded, push the throttle wide open and crank it till it starts, usually about 10-15 seconds. If that doesnt work, then its probably not flooded, next pump the throttle 3 or 4 times, (make sure there is fuel in the accelerator pumps)then try to crank it with the throttle closed. If it doesnt start either way, you got other issues.

wright on
    thanks for the replies. I will will be working on the motor all winter , i have big hopes it will be ready by summer.

Blown 472
    What fuel pressure you running?

g935
    What's with the two fuel pumps? Run one big volume electric fuel pump into one end of a fuel log with a pressure guage on top. Run a bypass valve out from the other end and have it dump into a tank or rout it back into a fuel filter fitting installed behind the filter. Adjust your fuel pressure through the bypass with springs. Done. As for the flooding. Check your fuel pressure. Needle and seats. Loose fittings sucking air. Check plug gap. Could be spark related.
    Geoff