Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Tow Your Magic Deckboat With?

famaffair
    I have an Avalanche with a 5.3. Wondering how that would work going up the grade on I-10.

blender over
    I have an Avalanche with a 5.3. Wondering how that would work going up the grade on I-10.
    Not very good But it will do it.

riverbound
    Please try to drop your tranny's internals in the slow lane. I would hate to get a flat tire.

OutCole'd
    I would think that would be short lived.
    I used to tow mine with my old truck, a 6.0 1500HD 2x and it did ok at best. And there are no major hills between Vegas and Havasu.
    When I could not make it up Windsor because of wheel slip, I went and got a 4x with the dmax.

H20 Toie
    Your new truck will do better

riverroyal
    over time,Ive had a V10 and a 6.0 diesel,they do fine,but you still know its back there.Just leave the boat in havasu

MAINEVENT
    I would'nt worry so much on the pulling it up the grade as much as STOPPING down the grade IMO

riverroyal
    if your only gonna use it in havasu,leave it.It will get more dinged up,dirty,weathered on the freeway in the summer than on the water all weekend

RiverOtter
    I don't have a Magic but I do have a 4,500 lb boat + tandem trailer. I tow it with my 5.3 Burb. Handling and breaking are no problem. Horsepower is a huge problem. I will be the 1st guy in line when (really IF) they offer the diesel Burb.

riverroyal
    I don't have a Magic but I do have a 4,500 lb boat + tandem trailer. I tow it with my 5.3 Burb. Handling and breaking are no problem. Horsepower is a huge problem. I will be the 1st guy in line when (really IF) they offer the diesel Burb.
    ask photoglu

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast