Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Black truck? Yes or no?

Tremor Therapy
    Chris,
    You know I used to tow my oldest boat with a lifted black F150 4x. Once I was done with the washing and waxing (ever week)....it was absolutely bitchen! But tow the boat to the ramp, and let it sit in 110+ degree sunshine all day, and then try and even touch it....bad news. If I was to get a truck for just daily driving that would stay in SoCal....maybe, but my every day ride and the tow vehicle to 'Zona? IMHO, I would never do it again.
    Did ya sell the Caddy?

pebo
    Last 3 trucks owned have been black, but what do I know? I also have a black boat

cola
    Black is a bitch, but it's the best looking.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...109_0925_1.JPG

JetBoatRich
    Opinions on a new black truck? Would you buy black? Have you in the past? is the pain of keeping it clean worth it? Is black the best color?
    Begin discussion now.....
    We bought a black car years ago
    A Black vehicle looks great when taken car of without a doubt, be prepared for a lot of work everything loves to show up :yuk:

Mandelon
    My 3500 is black. Well mostly. Except where the scratches are. And where the dirt spots and the water spots are.
    It shows everything and I wouldn't do it again. Its hotter than heck. You can only wash it in the shade cuz it literally steams if I hose it down in the sun.
    NO.

Throttle
    Black is bitchin, the reflection in the paint is the best out of any other color... if you r not used to cleaning a black truck every week at least once, get ready cause you will find yourself doing it twice a week. I have owned several black cars and trucks and have always enjoyed maintaining them... however, I do not think I would do black now with all the time I spend in Havi (hot- no touch!).
    white is a color that most peeps think is easy, however I will say this from a detailers view... lots of people just wash them, look at them and think they are kleen cause the sun reflects so much light (the white is bright), but if you look closely I would bet most are damaged and have embedded contaminates that are in need of 1). clay, 2). cleaner, 3). polish, 4). wax.
    if you want easy, go with silver

MagicMtnDan
    Black cars are a PITA to take care of and they have a lot less paint to care for than a truck does. Don't do black unless (a) it's gonna be a garage queen and (b) you're gonna pay someone to detail it every week.
    Chris, what are you buying NOW?!

Froggystyle
    I have had a recently endless string of black vehicles. Black Saleen Mustang, Black Dodge truck, black Mitsubishi Diamante, two black Corvettes in a row, the black 2500HD, Black Ducati and just bought Audrey a black 530xit BMW last week.
    Nothing looks half as good as a black truck when clean. Who cares how it looks dirty... just keep it clean. Black reminds you it is time to take care of your vehicles. It gets just as dirty as everything else, but looks worse and you attend to it.
    If you are not the kind of person who likes maintaining your vehicles a lot... not for you. But if you get a rise out of driving the best looking vehicle in the parking lot... this is a step up to getting there. Park three otherwise identical trucks with white, silver and black next to each other, and people will comment on the black one.
    My .02. I will never own another color vehicle. Except a Ferrari. That will be red.
    Oh... and just pay someone to do it every week. I do.

XtrmWakeborder
    No freakin way!!! My car is black now, and everything shows. The dust thew very next drives me crazy after spending 3 hours on it. "And that doesn't including waxing it"

Hardly Satisfied
    Black Is Nice But Alot Of Work Keeping It Clean. I Would Think About Another Color

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast